THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

What kind of anittheft devices REALLY work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put about 10 sirens all around the truck with their own wires so they would have to cut every single one of them to shut them up. that should get somebodies attention if they are walking by or your in your house. also another way is to screw everything in like a ****. screw the speaker in then get a screw on speaker grille. screw the box down to the cab. put the amps behind the rear seat screwed to the back wall. if you get a head unit that has a brain box then put the brain box under the pass seat cause the flip out is useless without its brain box.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know my cousin had a kill switch on his truck, it was just a little fuse under the dash and u can take it out when u left the truck and nobody could take the truck cuz it was somehow connected to the fuel lines so there was no possible way to steal the truck, as far as stealing ur subs and watever else u have inside, all I kan say is just try to get all that stuff insured, or that 8 horn alarm might do
Old 02-01-2006, 11:30 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent really been paying attention to this thread but its boring today. I used to work as a car audio installer. (the same guys that do alarms) It is not hard to get in your truck without the alarm going off. Period. The sirens are very easy to disable. Think about this, when your alarm goes off, what all happens? Your horn honks, the siren wails, and the parking lights flash. It is very easy to pop the fuse. I know there have been advancements since I did this stuff for a living, but if I want something you have bad enough, I WILL get it.
01slowZ71, you know my situation I was in till Sun, someone explained a lot of the car stealing things to me. I would bet you $1000 that I could drive away in your truck within 5 min with you watching. I dont have what I need, but I know it is available to the public. the best deterent is to park in well lit areas. There is no full proof way to avoid anything happening, but a car theif told me the Lojack is a great way to get it back. Even after all Batt power is lost, it emits a signal for 72 hours, thats 3 days for it ot be found, and you know where it is. Jus tmake sure its hidden well
Old 02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeh cody...keep in mind the honest thief is the one you want to keep out. The real thief WILL get your **** and if you make it to hard to get to your stuff he'll tear some **** up getting to it or at the very least trying.

Put a strobe light(I have plenty of fire alarm strobes here, I'll send ya one) in your cab so when the door opens (with alarm on) it will strobe once (like a camera flash) and then have a recording play a message saying, "Your picture has just been taken, as you can imagine it is being uploaded to a satellite now. Shut the door and leave now and that photo will be deleted. Thank you have a nice day."
Old 02-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Screw that I wouldnt say the photo will be deleted

Mark once again I find myself using this smilie

Yeah Ill find som eway to screw my screen in good. My subs are already behind the back seat the only way to get them out is to remove the back seatto get to the screws. Ill have to figure out a way to bolt my sub box in once I get my 12W7 in.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Mark once again I find myself using this smilie

Have an auto release pepper spray when the window is broken or door opened. Anything can be rigged!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:56 PM

Tear gas releaser for when the alarm goes off

Would be my luck I would accidentally set it off and get screwed up
Old 02-01-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

also another way is to screw everything in like a ****.
And make sure to use a Torx or square headed screw! That is how all my stuff is screwed in... I have been wanting to do a kill switch in mine but I havnt got around to it.

There was a kid I know who has a Blazer w/ the same alarm as mine(clifford matrix 3.5rs) and the ******* used a tazer to "shock" the system and they drove away with his truck....crazy ****.

I have also thought about putting spikes or rat traps in stratigic locations on my ****.

Or another thing would be a handle on your sub box, so they would grab that first, and then a trigger so when the box its movved a certain amount it will inject a row of spikes into the persons hand....

Also, Wire a good sized inverter up to your truck then have it hooked up to your amp or what have you, then set on a trigger so it will electicute the person...Im sure I could think up some other wierd **** too, but my head is starting to hurt...
Old 02-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Screw that I wouldnt say the photo will be deleted
Gotta give them the chance to make good though. If they know they are going down, what's to stop them to keep on tearing your **** up.

Yep torx screw everything down.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Gotta give them the chance to make good though. If they know they are going down, what's to stop them to keep on tearing your **** up.

Yep torx screw everything down.
Good point. Guess Im going to have to figure out a way to screw my screen into the dash and the brain for it. I can make some brackets easily for the sub box.

Quick Reply: What kind of anittheft devices REALLY work?