THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

What kind of anittheft devices REALLY work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 08:04 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine got brok into a few years ago, they tried to pry the ext window out, then it looks like the james a scewdriver between the glass and the cab and snaped the lock on the rear slider.
Anyway enough about me. I alwas like the dome light wired to the horn trick, sounds different than a alarm going off. maybe some-one will look into if they hear a car horn.
As for the garage door, just wire the power outlet to a switch by the door, once your home, flip the switch and no auto car door.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im not so worried about it getting stolen as Im keeping them out of it so they cant get my screen and audio stuff along with anything else I may have in the truck. Im going to take the door apart this weekend and figre out if there is anything I can put in there of my own design to keep theives out. Anybody got a spare door laying around
Old 01-31-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy you a wheel lock. Simple. They can't drag it on a rollback very easy either
Yeah, it may look stupid but it works.
The other thing, if you keep the bling bling down then people won't say, "hey, I bet that trucks got some **** done to it".
Old 01-31-2006, 09:07 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah but I have wheels on it now so that is already shot. Anyone that sees me pull up at night will see the HIDs and know it isnt stock with a billet grille etc etc and the sound of the engine will give it away that it has something done to it. Thats why Im trying to take somemeasures to secure it somewhat. Hell whatever girl I ahppen to be dating at the time we can jsut take her car out
Old 01-31-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

When did you start dating girls???
Old 01-31-2006, 11:19 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
When did you start dating girls???

BURN!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would say the only thing good would be a "lojack" or some fuel system shutoff swith.... dont try to do anything for them to prevent to use a slim jim all that will do is make them break a window which would be more expensive.. if they are goin inside they are going to do it no matter what..... I have heard that now days the thieves use (contract) crooked wrecker drivers to tow the vehicles to where ever they want... and that sucks, cause no one is going to question a wrecker driver even if the alarm is going off...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:35 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

my dad owns a business fixing stolen cars. they dont give a **** what alarm you have. if you got something they want they will get it and there aint much you can do about it(unless you catch them). your best bet is a kill switch to keep them from taking the truck. nothing inside of the truck is safe.

last time they broke into my truck(happens often) they smacked the window with something sharp and crawled through the broken window to keep the alarm from going off. luckily the bouncer of the club i was at caught the little ******** but i had nothing left to steal cuz someone else took all my **** 3 weeks before. i still got stuck with the cost of a new window and paint on the door where they pulled the window outwards with the tint holding it all together. guess your microwave thingy would help with that though. every time i got broken into i had an alarm and every time they didnt give a flying ****. they just did it with the bells and whistles
Old 02-01-2006, 03:09 AM
TECH Regular

I bought a glass break sensor add on to my viper. I bought an alarm becasue my **** was stolen out of my friends truck when we were surfing. They smashed the window. Should have known better, the spot was called "radios" for a reason. Thieves should be shot.

Quick Reply: What kind of anittheft devices REALLY work?