THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

what do u guys do? as in work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Operations for Chevron.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Staging Lane

I was a police officer for 10 Years, now I am a Refurb Tech for Solar Turbines( owned by Catepillar) we refurb Gas Turbines Generator/ Compressor packages.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

8 years in the Air Force now. Before that I was in construction. Built a few restaurants in central GA
Old 11-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im a maintenance mechanic for my county's water and sewer authority. I literally have a shitty job some days . Other than sewer issues, everything else is pretty much gravy work. Working on getting my Class A CDL now and then eventually I want to move up and become an equipment operator.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Certified Public Accountant / Accounting Professor here.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Are any of you guys diesel mechanics? I'm looking into that particular field, and from what I hear/have been told, theres gonna be a big hiring boom in the coming years.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:48 PM

I can tell you for a fact, that there is a huge demand for diesel mechanics. I wish I had gotten into that while I was at Wyotech. Think of all the different applications diesel engines are used in!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black00chev
I can tell you for a fact, that there is a huge demand for diesel mechanics. I wish I had gotten into that while I was at Wyotech. Think of all the different applications diesel engines are used in!
Thats what originally got me interested. More and more vehicle platforms are adding diesel powerplants. I'd like to either work on ag diesels, or production motors (non-commercial trucks). From what I can tell, I can make a good chunk of change turning wrenches. aka doing what I love
Old 11-10-2013, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by ThatOneKid
Thats what originally got me interested. More and more vehicle platforms are adding diesel powerplants. I'd like to either work on ag diesels, or production motors (non-commercial trucks). From what I can tell, I can make a good chunk of change turning wrenches. aka doing what I love
Ive talked to a few guys who are on-road mechanics and they make REALLY good money. Talked to a guy who services our CAT generators and he said the same thing.

There are TONS of options out there for working on diesel engines if you really think about it. At my job, we have diesel work trucks, our light, medium, and heavy duty equipment all use diesel engines, all of our on-site backup generators use them as well.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black00chev
Ive talked to a few guys who are on-road mechanics and they make REALLY good money. Talked to a guy who services our CAT generators and he said the same thing.

There are TONS of options out there for working on diesel engines if you really think about it. At my job, we have diesel work trucks, our light, medium, and heavy duty equipment all use diesel engines, all of our on-site backup generators use them as well.
Thanks for the good info! I plan on going to the University of Northwestern Ohio (UNOH) for my degree. From what I've been told, its supposed to be on in the best schools in the nation for diesel tech degrees.

Quick Reply: what do u guys do? as in work?