THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Valley Bulldog? (1/2 english bulldog, 1/2 boxer)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my APBT's. Best dogs I've ever had. Smart as hell, loyal, protective, funny, and always wanting to please. My other top choices would be GSD or Malinois, boxers are great, my friend and his mom rescue/foster them. At any given time they have 5 minimum. But they are just too damn hyper compared to my pits.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

if you don't like you current dog's singing, you probably wont be wild about baying from a beagle or basset. I also wouldn't trust a beagle or basset off a leash unless you're in the country. their nose will take them miles from the house if you lose track of them for 2 seconds. they are smart enough to find their way back, but in the city they are likely to get hit by a car. my family inherited a boston terrier when my grandpa died. good dog to consider if you want some kind of bull dog look and stay on the smaller side. low maintenance and smart as hell. she preferred to be an outside dog and had a stomach of steel. that's a must at my parents house as they buy whatever dog food is cheapest, and don't remember what the last food they got. I think they are cute but my wife thinks they are ugly (the bug eyes lol) just another suggestion to consider.

i'd atleast get a vet to check that pups hips before buying the valley bulldog. it's a 10(ish) year commitment and bad hips can make it an expensive commitment. we're not saying that all bully dogs are high maintenance, but giving you a heads up of what to watch out for.

Last edited by TXsilverado; 07-24-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Much agreed, but bully dogs have been bred from so much, that it makes it important to know what you are getting into, or possibly.

After it's all said and done, I wouldn't take it back, they crack me up daily, and make life fun at times. It's all what you make it. If you invest in your dog, they will pay it back to you. Research, and commitment is imperative. As bad of a "rap" as pit bulls get, mine have converted many people to love the breed, and we work to do that many more times over!

I have a friend with a Rottweiler who had hip surgery, it set him back almost $5k a hip iirc. I use supplements to help her now, hopefully it doesn't progress. At 6 she shows improvement, at 5 she was showing signs of progressing.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Guess, i'm one of the lucky ones. One of our dogs(mine) is half american bulldog, half boxer. I guess he got the best of either breeds cause he has been the least ptoblematic dog we've had in a while. No skin or food allergies, no health issues whatsoever. He's 85 lbs and not sure how tall, but small compared to our dane, larger than our boxer.

He is however a stubborn ***, smart but needs a firm owner. He used to chew a bunch of **** when he was young, but has thankfully outgrown that stage.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
haha I wouldnt have to worry about fitting him in the car, just toss on a saddle and ride him to where we gotta go haha
If only I had a dollar for all the horse remarks lol.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I took a long drive with the mrs this evening to meet a breeder and check out his puppies, AAAAAAAANNNNDDDD well I put a deposit on this guy.
pick him up in 2 weeks.
any names come to mind haha? I want a cool one like "Detroit" wife says no haha

DSC_0019_zps0513174b.jpg?t=1374729874
Old 07-25-2013, 10:10 AM

i think dogs with people names is funny. my parents have a dog named Carl. the dog on swamp people is named Tyler...every time i hear dog names like that i think "who the hell would name their dog that"...soooo my next dog will have a human name just cuz it cracks me up. thats probably 5 years or more into the future.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i think dogs with people names is funny. my parents have a dog named Carl. the dog on swamp people is named Tyler...every time i hear dog names like that i think "who the hell would name their dog that"...soooo my next dog will have a human name just cuz it cracks me up. thats probably 5 years or more into the future.
haha carl and tyler are definitely interesting dog names! I havent come across to many of those, its always "Bentley" "bella" "ella" and of course "max"
the wife mentioned calling this guy "Louie" ......I didnt say either way haha.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 AM

name it Brandon.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
name it Brandon.
perhaps Jarrett?

Quick Reply: Valley Bulldog? (1/2 english bulldog, 1/2 boxer)