THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

For the true dog lovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't fully measure it, but I would say about a cup and a half each dog in one bag(3 dogs, roughly 4.5 cups, I can measure of you wish). I feed them 2 chicken backs in the morning, and 1 helping of that blend at night. I also give them a mid day snack because we are home all the time and **** it, why not. After next week I will be regulating the food intake more. Right now they are on the detox/getting used to it, so I am trying different things out in the early stages to see what they do good on, and what they hate.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

In the 4th pic you can see the amount, I smash it down and take all the air out, then stack it.

Online sites suggest between 2-3% of the dogs body weight for the amount you feed. I have the calculations on my fridge, but I will be weighing and recalculation in a couple of months, plus, the white and tan dog is still a puppy, so she will grow some more in the next few months, big bitch huh?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texasglock23
I don't fully measure it, but I would say about a cup and a half each dog in one bag(3 dogs, roughly 4.5 cups, I can measure of you wish). I feed them 2 chicken backs in the morning, and 1 helping of that blend at night. I also give them a mid day snack because we are home all the time and **** it, why not. After next week I will be regulating the food intake more. Right now they are on the detox/getting used to it, so I am trying different things out in the early stages to see what they do good on, and what they hate.
Have you noticed anything different with the way the dogs are responding to the raw diet? More liquid ***** or anything of that sort? I want to start the transition on the weekend when I am home to let him out if he gets the runs. I am definitely going to sign up for that texas tripe. I might poke around at some of the meat markets here to see if they do anything like that before ordering online.

In the 4th pic you can see the amount, I smash it down and take all the air out, then stack it.

Online sites suggest between 2-3% of the dogs body weight for the amount you feed. I have the calculations on my fridge, but I will be weighing and recalculation in a couple of months, plus, the white and tan dog is still a puppy, so she will grow some more in the next few months, big bitch huh?
Yeah that 2-3% sounds about right too, that white/tan one is pretty solid!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

They have had diarrhea a few times, only two accidents inside, one a week ago, BAD, and one last night while we were sleeping, not so bad. A few times one has vomited, but I suspect eating or drinking too fast, as it is mostly food, and white, frothy vomit.

The pros are worth it, my allergic girl has had no feet problems since switching her a week and a half ago.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They have had diarrhea a few times, only two accidents inside, one a week ago, BAD, and one last night while we were sleeping, not so bad. A few times one has vomited, but I suspect eating or drinking too fast, as it is mostly food, and white, frothy vomit.

The pros are worth it, my allergic girl has had no feet problems since switching her a week and a half ago.
Yeah mines really bad about drinking too fast too. I seriously dont understand why he doesnt learn each time he voms on the floor, whatever though haha.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have one, the solid brown, that can not drink out of the water dispenser. When the thing "burps" it freaks him out. And the media says these dogs are horrendous, mine can't be around the water bowl or the door stop that makes noise if you hit it...
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have one, the solid brown, that can not drink out of the water dispenser. When the thing "burps" it freaks him out. And the media says these dogs are horrendous, mine can't be around the water bowl or the door stop that makes noise if you hit it...
We actually just switched to a dispenser too, the lab is used to it, but mine was a tad petrified too, took him a bit to drink. But luckily he isnt stupid, so when he started getting thirsty, he started drinking haha
Old 02-02-2012, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

we have rabbit/hamster bottles in their cages in case we are gone all day, been using them for years (bowls get flipped or chewed) and that ****** would spend 5 minutes slurping at it. It go so annoying at night that I tossed them. He now has to figure it out or die...ok, maybe not die.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Vid of them eating the blends. Some people on different forums have asked for more details.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good looking Dogs! As a bully lover, I thought you might like this..

Quick Reply: For the true dog lovers