THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Truck Hit

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:53 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow sorry to hear that ,

What drive train is in that camaro ?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam dude that sucks. Be glad you weren't eating your lunch in your truck. And hope everything works out
Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my co-workers was eating in his challenger about 3 spots down, coulda been a whole lot worse.

Tim, the camaro was only a V6, he's one of those guys that buy a vehicle for fuel economy, lol

Cody, working with a company appraising my truck, he thinks i should be seeing a check in the 4-6k range. But we'll see how that works out.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

4-6 on top of the repair cost? If so that's decent then.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Well we'll see how that works, may estimate high knowing the insurance company will try and settle less.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, got the call yesterday that my truck was ready to pick up. Wedding Anniversary last night, so went this morning to pick the truck up. HA! If thats what they call finished product I have to laugh.

The didn't even attempt the repair the front bumper corner that has a crease at the top below the headlight, but it was on the estimate. Shitty repair and ugly spot where the bed side meets the inner bed top rail at the rear window. Removed the original door trim on both drivers side doors, repaired the door skins, and then put the same original shitty scratched up door trim back on fresh doors.

Other than that just lots of little imperfections and trash in the repainted area that needed a good buffing. The truck did drive good, looks like they replaced both drivers side wheels, and one tire.

So far the repairs are about $8K, and I guess soon to climb. I told them I would not even begin to accept the truck in its current condition.

It made me realize how much I miss my 5.3/6 speed having spent the last 3 weeks driving a 4.8/4 speed crew cab rental truck. Damn.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACKND
Well, got the call yesterday that my truck was ready to pick up. Wedding Anniversary last night, so went this morning to pick the truck up. HA! If thats what they call finished product I have to laugh.

The didn't even attempt the repair the front bumper corner that has a crease at the top below the headlight, but it was on the estimate. Shitty repair and ugly spot where the bed side meets the inner bed top rail at the rear window. Removed the original door trim on both drivers side doors, repaired the door skins, and then put the same original shitty scratched up door trim back on fresh doors.

Other than that just lots of little imperfections and trash in the repainted area that needed a good buffing. The truck did drive good, looks like they replaced both drivers side wheels, and one tire.

So far the repairs are about $8K, and I guess soon to climb. I told them I would not even begin to accept the truck in its current condition.

It made me realize how much I miss my 5.3/6 speed having spent the last 3 weeks driving a 4.8/4 speed crew cab rental truck. Damn.
Sorry to hear. I went through this last year on my DD. I used to work in that industry and I know how shitty it can be. It's Next to impossible to find a decent shop.

Such a terrible feeling going through that and then trying to get them to make it right.

Hope it all works out for you.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't take nothing less than what it was before. Dont let them screw you over make them work to make you happy since you took truck to them to get fixed
Old 04-20-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Well i spent my lunch hour yesterday creating a post-repair checklist for the inspection. It turned out to be 4 pages long. I checked everything, opened every door, hood, tailgate. Took a flahlight to check the paint, and checked it at several locations in different sunlight. Requested a creeper and got underneathe the truck to check it all out. Tested every light, every piece of electronics, didn't baby it in the test drive, ran it hard.

So hopefully when they correct the issues i did find it should be good. But i plan to print out the checklist again and go through the entire process again mext time. Hopefully i luck out with great weather again when i get the next call.

But i will not take the truck until its perfect. They can just keep the son a of a bitch before i take something i'm not happy with.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it was a insurance claim u can get ur insurance involved. I know usaa, allstate, geicko, and so on will chew the hell outta the shop if anything less than perfect.

Quick Reply: Truck Hit