THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!
View Poll Results: Which DD would you get?
2010 Chevy Volt
29.79%
2010 Audi A3 TDI
19.15%
2009/10 VW Jetta TDI
40.43%
Other, please suggest...
10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Thinking about buying a VOLT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
DPF DELETE?

ill do mine if you do yours!!
:Hmmm:... I'll look into it. Don't wanna fuq w/ my daily too much. But if it gives me better mpg like it claims to do than...
I'm surprised you haven't done yours yet to be honest.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think the DPF delete should help quite a bit.

Oh and looking better already with the tint and de-badge. Amazing what a little tint can do.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Julien,

Diggin an old thread up. Wanted to see if you'd done anything else to your daily. How ya liking it?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:01 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by L33Z71
Julien,

Diggin an old thread up. Wanted to see if you'd done anything else to your daily. How ya liking it?
Not much really, I don't plan on modding it until I finish putting my truck back together. I did installed a trailer hitch though! I use this car as a Daily and really love it. I'm seeing about low to mid 40's econ wise which makes it easy on my wallet when refilling at the pump, however rare that is!! There are a few things about it that I'm not "jazzed" about, like how low the seats are, making it a bit difficult to get in and out of the vehicle when compared to our trucks. But on a whole this car is fantastic!
I took it to the Desert this weekend and got a combined round trip 38mpg while towing my little trailer.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Veteran

LOL, cool. Was just wondering, thought about the car the other day and you hadn't mentioned it in a while.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am a Chevy guy through and through but I would have to say go with the Jetta. I haven't seen any real world reviews or tests on the Volt and it is in it's first year of production so GM is surely going to have bugs to work out.

I have never been an Audi fan, they are overpriced and IMO not all that nice.

The Jetta has been around for what, 20+ years? If it wasn't a good car it wouldn't still be around. It's diesel so its going to last a long freaking time, I have a friend that has one with over 350k on it and it's still running great.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by L33Z71
LOL, cool. Was just wondering, thought about the car the other day and you hadn't mentioned it in a while.

Today I stopped off at the stealership and picked up a few things from the parts counter and decided to stop in the showroom and see if they had any Volts...

I really am second guessing myself now!! Yeah it wouldn't of been as versatile as my car and who knows if it's really any fun to drive or what it's reliability is, but just like with anything, it's a new toy and I want it!!

I also saw the sticker and thought this was pretty cool...

Speaking of which, I talked to the manager if I could test drive that or if he had any for sale and he said that they had three of them, none of them are for sale as they were all pre-ordered and sold already and he doesn't know when he'll be able to order more. I really wanted to get in one and check it out.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
GFYS and STFU

Then again, I also saw this today!!

Guess what was lying on the hood!!

I was just joking around with the manager and told him I'd but it for $115,000. He actually agreed!! It was listed for $124,000.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A volt would be an extremely practical choice for me, I drive like 12 miles a day... the pricetag is my problem, nothing I can do about it, maybe win the lottery. I actually had a solar panel array designed to charge the volt it was going to be pretty BA. But, I don't happen to have 32,000 lying around, that's more than I spent on my house
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck finding a trialer hitch for that ZR1 though.

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a VOLT!