THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

There's this guy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunder550
Hahaha my bad

Lol Chris, just a little something I 'whipped' up for ya. You said you wanted new leather, no?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanZ71
I had a lawn service for 5 years and sold it last year, it was too much to keep up with going back and forth between Tulsa and Stillwater. I realized I like making money but not by mowing and installing french drains for the rest of my life. I just need to try to visualize a light at the end of the (long ***) tunnel
if you wanna make some money around here get in the oilfield..
Old 02-28-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm transferring to TU next spring and finish up as Petroleum Engineer, so I'll be in the oil/Natural gas field. My parents are in the Oil and Natural Gas business (but I don't want to work for my parents)
Old 02-28-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm transferring to TU next spring and finish up as Petroleum Engineer, so I'll be in the oil/Natural gas field. My parents are in the Oil and Natural Gas business (but I don't want to work for my parents)
thats good..who your parents work for...i work for Rayco Wireline..Family owned bussiness since 1969
Old 02-28-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Frontier Midstream LLC, they market gas for Ward petroleum and other companies. They also own and build pipeline and compression stations. My mom is VP of Marketing and my parents own a percentage of the company. My dad also owns a commercial janitorial company and does some commercial real estate. I have some motivated parents...damn I must be a disappointment
Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Frontier Midstream LLC, they market gas for Ward petroleum and other companies. They also own and build pipeline and compression stations. My mom is VP of Marketing and my parents own a percentage of the company. My dad also owns a commercial janitorial company and does some commercial real estate. I have some motivated parents...damn I must be a disappointment
we used to work for ward until they wouldnt pay any more..i gotta some buddys that work for Farrah Construction they build alot of pipelines..i dunno if youve seen them or not but ive worked on a quite a few wells that had small compressors on them that the motor was a 460 ford and one bank was compressing the gas and the other back ran like a regular motor..i thought it was pretty ingenious
Old 02-28-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
we used to work for ward until they wouldnt pay any more..i gotta some buddys that work for Farrah Construction they build alot of pipelines..i dunno if youve seen them or not but ive worked on a quite a few wells that had small compressors on them that the motor was a 460 ford and one bank was compressing the gas and the other back ran like a regular motor..i thought it was pretty ingenious
I interned for the engineer at Frontier and we went to Arkansas all the time to oversee the construction of the compressor stations. Here is a typical compressor there (ariel w/2140bhp motor), usually have up to four per station. Thats around 25 wells I think, at least at that time.

Last edited by MeanZ71; 02-28-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

Engineering statics (Easy), differential equations, Physics 2, and some BS business classes.
I'm a Mechanical Engineering Major with a Business management minor and I hate school right now with a passion
I'm in Physics II right now myself. I sit in the back and goof off on my computer (on days that I even go)...
Old 02-28-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thiems
I'm in Physics II right now myself. I sit in the back and goof off on my computer (on days that I even go)...
I don't go....Bandy is a dumb *unt
Old 02-28-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man did this thread get off topic.

The superman photo chop is hilarious

Quick Reply: There's this guy...