THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Sunglasses

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunglasses

How does one pick out sunglasses?

Looking at Oakleys or Ray-Bans. What are the "better" ones out these days? I would like to get a pair that I can wear with a suit and a pair thats a little more active based.

What are ya'll wearing?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go up to the rack. Find the ones I think look cool. Try them on and look in the mirror. Not sure what everyone else does.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i dont wear sun glasses so i aint got that problem
Old 05-03-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I wear Serengeti's. I must have the high quality clarity glass. They have photo gradient models. I currently own two pair, both Aviator style, one polarized, one non-polarized drivers. Both are photo gradient and the drivers are lighter at the bottom being nice for seeing the dash. I use fly fisherman stick-on bifocals. Nice, get out of car, go inside, one pair of glasses.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

I never spend more than $15 on sunglasses. I never started wearing sunglasses until recently. Oakleys and Ray-Bans are the nicer ones that I know of but I'm sure there are some even more high-end stuff out there but again, I'm not real big into the scene.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im rocking the ray ban RB4057, just picked up a set of Costa Del Mar turbines..
Old 05-03-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

i wear spy sunglasses. i love them. here is a link http://www.surfeyes.com/acatalog/Spy...unglasses.html
Old 05-03-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
just picked up a set of Costa Del Mar turbines..
Costa's FTW!!!! I have Harpoon's
Old 05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I hate my cats

Originally Posted by thiems
I never spend more than $15 on sunglasses. I never started wearing sunglasses until recently. Oakleys and Ray-Bans are the nicer ones that I know of but I'm sure there are some even more high-end stuff out there but again, I'm not real big into the scene.
Good advice if you can swing it. Drugstore ones block out the sun for waaay cheaper than the brandname jobs. I was a big cheerleader of the cheap specs for a long time until I realized I was breaking them at the rate of at least one a month, throwing good money after bad. The SLIGHTLY pricier ones stay together better. I'm kind of a klutz, so I needed sturdier shades. However anything over $200 seems to be just retarded. But ya, go to the mall, check out the cute 18 year old dames in the store, and find a pair you like. Then say you'll keep looking, and score them for cheaper on ebay. My first pair of Arnette Stances was around $180 at the mall, and my latest, 4th pair was $80 from unrealfind's ebay store. Polarised shades are nice but make it hard to see through tinted windows and read lcd displays. Make it look all blotchy. Good luck with the search.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

I love my costa del mar hammerheads. They are large so they wrap around the sides well, and you need a big head to fit them. I love the lenses of costas, but the frames feel a little plasticy but I can get over that. The warranty is really good; ive had them replaced twice for free (sent me a brand new pair). Oakleys are big but I dont find the frames comfortable.

Quick Reply: Sunglasses