PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   THE TRUCK STOP (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/)
-   -   Stupid Autozone... (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/stupid-autozone-463725/)

01Blue4.8 06-07-2010 10:51 PM

People at any sort of store aren't usually very helpful. Hell, I went to home depot one day to pick up a tube of liquid nails. Some woman greeted me and asked what I needed. So I told her what I needed. She told me liquid nails was in the hardware aisle...:eyes:

camochevy21 06-07-2010 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by TIM Z (Post 4475602)
X10 on the autozone idiots, or for that matter, most people are so damn reliant on computers its sad.

All you need is driving light relays, they do have them at autozone last time i looked.

Hey now, I used to work at autozone. . . yea you are right 98 percent of them are idiots. That is the worst ran company I have ever worked for. I worked their two years in college, kind of fun but dealt with so many pissed off idiots. Got plenty of perks though. :nod:

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71 (Post 4475603)
"I have an 03 Tahoe, what size are my wiper blades?"

"...what size engine? Is it a flex fuel? Is it four wheel drive?"

"Crap, just tell me what size they are!!!!"

LMAO, you are the complete opposite that I always had to deal with. A guy would come in

"I need you to look up what size my wipers are" -Random tool-sack

"Is it that truck right their? (pointing to a 99-07 silvy or sierra)" -me

"Yea that's it (in a cocky tone)" -Random tool-sack

"22 inch sir, for both sides" -me

"Don't you need to look in the computer. . ." -Random tool-sack
"Nope, I got an 01" -me

". . . . Son, why don't you just go ahead and look it up anyway." -Random tool-sack

I worked with 04blackGMC and we def have some stories. Never a dull moment that's for sure. Every once in awhile you would get the college hottie to come in that you have class with and be her hero by changing a battery for her, even though it's company policy. That was always fun, but usually didn't happen much.

A Low Dime 06-07-2010 11:51 PM

Idiot.

454navyss 06-08-2010 12:30 AM

i have gotten in the habit of looking up part numbers before i go to the store, but even then i still get asked stupid questions. sometimes i refuse to give them any info but the part number, that pisses them off

Miss Marie 06-08-2010 12:59 AM

might piss em off but i bet its sure funny sometimes.

00ChevyScott 06-08-2010 01:09 AM

You guys should blame the companies, not the people working there. The amount of knowledge and experience necessary to perform this job is way beyond what the pay is.

Dewey 06-08-2010 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott (Post 4475863)
You guys should blame the companies, not the people working there. The amount of knowledge and experience necessary to perform this job is way beyond what the pay is.

typical of any retail job nowadays :nutkick:

dirt track racer 81 06-08-2010 06:18 AM

I went to autozone a while back just to get a nitrous relay. and the kid asked the same thing, I said its for a nitrous kit. Then he again he asked what vehicle came on. I laughed and said cant you look up the part number? and he said no.

BigRed Cummins 06-08-2010 10:04 AM

On relays, just get a fuel pump relay for like a 92 F-150. Should come out with a regular Bosch 5 pin. And the dealership thing drives me up a wall. You work at the dealership for christ sake. I called to get a Speedo drive for my brother's truck, (also a 92 w250) and he looks for like 5 minutes and then says "that part is discontinued." which is code for "I'm too lazy to keep looking and I don't know what I'm doing." so I said, "No it's not fuckhead, I just bought one 2 weeks ago." then I got transferred to the manager.

pasadenaman 06-08-2010 10:09 AM

I have problem every time I go to Auto Zone. They say that there is no 1999 5.3L silverado, only a 2000,yet my truck is a 1999 model, first year it came out with a face lift. Then he sees the front clip and says its a 2003 at least.
I better get a few extra when I get my Derale efans installed. Did not think about that.