THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

This place surely isn't what it used to be...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I hear ya man, times change and so do the bench marks. Thing is that if guys are running 9's and 8's most lean towards dedicated drag forums. We try the best we can to balance the line if you will.
That is true but downfall to that is they opened the flood gates to everyone and now those sites are filled with same old questions over and over now
Its honestly hard to find good tech info these days pertaining to things that arent cookie cutter.

As Atomic stated as well it does take a good bit of money and not many want that level but those that are "ABOUT THAT LEVEL" and still posting up should share with others
Ive always shared what ive done on every build since the start and still plan to share with my future ones

this is what these sites need
Old 01-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

how old is the LSx based motor now? 17 years?!? most of the questions have been answered 100,000 times within all of the forums. eventually you just run out of **** to talk about.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

I agree, sharing builds is awesome. Also like Stew said, after awhile everything is repeating. Given the above info, naturally things are going to take on a different feel. We always want to keep the site based on what built it, but at the same time some change has to occur.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
how old is the LSx based motor now? 17 years?!? most of the questions have been answered 100,000 times within all of the forums. eventually you just run out of **** to talk about.
as that is true but its still a performance site, so why not try and target more performance things? yes everyone has the best cam, everyone has best exhaust...thats a given

sucks this site doesnt have the supporting members to become more in depth with racing minded topics

in the 12 yrs ive been around this site, same questions have been asked and you dont see too many ppl posting up about being different.. You have to give travis credit as he is trying to show another option to boost by making power with a procharger amoung the field of turbo trucks.

Yrs ago you had Spike being top n20 truck, now seems as he jumped onto the boost ship as well
Old 01-09-2015, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand and completely agree, however my question was about my 2012 sierra. The truck is only a little over 2 years old and it wasn't a real techy question, just a simple answer would've been ok. Just common courtesy to help someone or give an opinion if you ask me. That's the whole point of being on this board.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

It all depends on who's online.

Sometimes questions go a few days without getting answered.

My knowledge of the GMT900 platforum is limited since I don't own one.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Originally Posted by 12sec.5.3
I understand and completely agree, however my question was about my 2012 sierra. The truck is only a little over 2 years old and it wasn't a real techy question, just a simple answer would've been ok. Just common courtesy to help someone or give an opinion if you ask me. That's the whole point of being on this board.
what was the question on the 2012 besides the handheld question?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to know if I could tune the 2012 with my V1 of EFI Live. I have it figured out though buddy. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically it comes down to a few factors. First of all there isn't much left to do that hasn't already been done. Once upon a time it was possible to be the fastest in some way on a reasonable budget. Look at the first Ls1truck race day. It only took low 11s to make the fastest 16. Garrison and his nitrous 5.3 was amongst them. When the Chinese turbos first came out it was fun to see guys like 02camaross go very fast on a budget. Now it seems like it's all been done.

The other big issue is the change in vehicles rolling of the production line. Once upon a time GM stopped making Fbodies and we were left without a rwd v8 option. The trucks of the time filled the gap. Not the common ages of the old crews. So many of those guys were 16-25 in that 03-07 range when affordable V8 meant picking up a Sierra or silverado and trying to beat those pesky ford lightings. Many of those guys are married with kids, houses, and real jobs that get in the way. People are moving on. The hotrod/pony car is back, subarus, and others have taken a new place. Gas until recently steered many away from trucks. It's just been lethal to the scene in a lot of ways. Just check out some of the other sites. Hell I am waiting for them to eventually just turn off the lights over on Ls1truck.com which once upon a time was the most informative source around.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Just cause you get married and have kids doesnt mean you have to stop what you do. The fact when you "grow up" you get a job that makes more money then you did before will allow you to keep on the toys

one problem and that isnt just here is alot of 'car guys" arent true car guys and just wanted a fad to be part of. True car guys have it in their blood

Yes Ls1truck is on life support and as for the pony car era now, you have car guys and you have truck guys. I still prefer trucks, 2014 i built a mustang that went 8s, now id rather be in a truck honestly

Quick Reply: This place surely isn't what it used to be...