THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

New Business?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 12:57 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Where you live would help.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:57 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

OH, and how much money you have to invest.

Don't mean to get in your business........but you asked.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Idk where you live, but many good no headache franchises do exist. Companies like zerorez and Chem dry might be good options. I would stay out of the restaurant business entirely. Check cashing businesses are very profitable, but require good security. I have a customer who had a restaurant, mobile phone accessory store, dry cleaner, gas station, and closed them when his check cashing business was so profitable the rest wasn't worth his time.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:07 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Get into anything to do with weddings, them guys sure do suck the money down.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:28 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Restaurants and bars are money pits and will suck you dry both financially and mentally. Owned two over the years and if you're married or have kids go ahead and say goodbye to them. Bars are open from 11 am until 2 am or later depending on the local laws 365 days a year... You have to live there to keep it alive and after all of that the taxes you owe are double the net take home. If you want real numbers pm me, I spent 12 years in bars and restaurants in all facets. Only reason I'm still married is because I sold out.

Best type of business to buy into right now is anything hot for consolidation. Buy something that has a market in the area but a weak owner, polish it up and get it making money then sell it off for a profit and have cash for another flip.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Get into anything to do with weddings, them guys sure do suck the money down.
This and Party planning and consulting. BIG money can be made off very little investment.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't limit your self to one type of event. Do weddings, Surprise birthdays, kids parties, small stages, Bachelor /Bachelor'ette ect.. If you can get people together for any reason. use it to your advantage. heck throw a party to get the name of your company out there, just invite who ever. Find a school who will let you set up a commencement or tents for there small events such as, principle appreciation, or teacher appreciation. Do the first for free and go out of your way to please them in way you have to. Then they will use you and it will snow ball from there. also, slowly build up your innovatory so you become your own suppler. Been there done that...

Quick Reply: New Business?