THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

IS it me or has the site become a diff environment??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IBTL...... or IBTD....... This thread won't survive. The thing that's been bothering me about this forum lately is the hypocrisy. Walking contradictions.... Do as I say, not as I do. I've had threads deleted just because I was trying to conjure up interest in new product development. Since there wasn't any money going into the pocket of the site, it got deleted. But yet, if PEOPLE (not naming names) can post up information about getting body work done and ***** out an auto body shop, it's suddenly ok. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

At any rate, I've feel the site has lost a lot of good rich technical content and is turning into a bunch of noob's with cam questions, exhaust questions on cat backs and hand held programmers. Not to say we haven't been there before but for christ sake (hope I don't offend bringing in religion) use the SEARCH BUTTON! I feel that the only good thing left on this site is the classifieds section. Otherwise I'm starting to lose interest.

Last but not least, I'm sick of the thread ******** around here. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! There's a couple of members on here who feel the urge to **** and **** in everyone's cheerios at every chance they get. They think they know everything but are just internet parrots who've taken too many drinks of the "kool-aid". They will bash you at every chance they get or they are either mean to new comers OR just repeat **** they've read and will simply disagree for the sake of disagreeing. You know who you are and quite frankly it gets OLD. /rant

Last edited by hirdlej; 12-02-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couple of things that I see that may have already been pointed out...

1. Corporate ownership
2. The GMT-800 platform is aging and outdated, and there's not a whole lot left to be discovered about them
3. Most of the big players have moved on from these projects
4. Time...the membership here is a dynamic group of people. It will always be changing. New members may see this site as being in it's prime right now, while older members consider it's prime to be back when they joined.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
There's a couple of members on here who feel the urge to **** and **** in everyone's cheerios at every chance they get. They think they know everything but are just internet parrots who've taken too many drinks of the "kool-aid". They will bash you at every chance they get or they are either mean to new comers OR just repeat **** they've read and will simply disagree for the sake of disagreeing.
F you...you dont know what your talking about...idiot.

JFWY! Just had to bash on you

I agree 100%, BUT i am one of the ******** that **** with noobs, reason being, there is a search button its not invisible, BUT in defense, for every 1 GOOD informational thread, there are about 500 others that have NOTHING good to say about a searched topic...so it can be hard to sort through them, but again why is this? Noobs again. Posting a new thread without searching.

I think the above posts hits the nail on the head!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005 Silverado
I agree 100%, BUT i am one of the ******** that **** with noobs, reason being, there is a search button its not invisible, BUT in defense, for every 1 GOOD informational thread, there are about 500 others that have NOTHING good to say about a searched topic...so it can be hard to sort through them, but again why is this? Noobs again. Posting a new thread without searching
Ya, I know noobs are what keeps this site growing, but you can only nicely answer the same threads so many times before you start doing this

I guess you could say we're all kind of like roommates. We spend way too much time together, and sometimes we all have a good time and agree on things, and then other times we wanna kill eachother over nothing.

At the end of the day, remember it's just the internet. I don't hate anyone on here personally (yes even you lablackbeast), and I'd be more than willing to help anyone out if they needed it.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im pretty sure Bill and I are responible for the bulk of the "censoring" on this site and not once have I gotten a PM.

If you've got a problem with what was being done then say something about it, hell send me a PM and if wasnt me that did it Ill find out who did and go from there.

The thing that burns my *** is people who bitch about a thread getting edited because the posts are bashing someones stuff that simply posted a thread excited about their new performance part. To further aggitate me I say to start another thread and Ill even transfer over the posts that didnt go along with the original thread. Guess what none of the people bitching about that thread getting censored started a new thread. Imagine that.

The Marine thread was closed because it was going no where. Mark should have just left the thread alone but what he posted wasnt bashing Marines or God, but the actual story and everyone took offense to it. Reading comprehension is your friend.

None of us moderators get paid for the job we do, so its easier to just pull the plug on a rerun rather than wait for it to get crazy, have to ban people and edit posts, or just **** can the thread entirely. I have a real life outside of the internet, I pop in here make sure everything is going well and move on unless Im just really bored then Ill sit on here and baby sit a bunch of grown men acting like middle school idiots.

As far as actual content on this site, people dont have the money to do what they did in years past, I know I dont.

And the noob threads, heres a concept, IGNORE THEM, if you have nothing constructive to add.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
And the noob threads, heres a concept, IGNORE THEM, if you have nothing constructive to add.
What about constructive criticism
Old 12-02-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah, I've been a lurker for a while and only started posting up in the last couple of years, but I remember, back in the day, where Parish was building up his truck and there were a handful of other crazy builds going on that I would check out almost daily. Probably due to the economy, but it seems there are less crazy 1000hp builds in here now.

I have also noticed a bit more bickering and flaming the newb's in here for dumb questions. It seems to be who can come up with the most clever reply to the newb question like "will LT's make any hp?" or "what cam should I buy?" instead of being nice and showing them the resources on here. Everyone wasn't born being a truck expert, we all started somewhere.

But all of that being said, I still like it here and there is a ton of good information and really knowledgeable people here.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 PM
SPAM HUNTER

One more thing, i see alot of the same people causing the problems, and the same people crying about how they dont like anyone elses opinion but theirs...hell some might think im one of them, but well...thats it...end post.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
What about constructive criticism
If they're wanting to put a Trex into a 4.8 with a stock stall by all means tell them thats not going to work. At some point all of us were noobs and needed guidance, if we were just yelled at by 12 people saying use the search button you might not want to come back.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
SPAM HUNTER

The trex recommendation is my thing...so you can just blame me

Quick Reply: IS it me or has the site become a diff environment??