THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Kitchen remodel

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just did mine a few months ago . dark wood and lighter granite looks good as well. i went with dark cherry and a lighter colored granit with stainless stuff . here is a pic to give you an idea

Old 04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Chris, that's a very NICE kitchen for you to store your 4 place settings of dishes, 8 cups and 37 jugs of protein shake mix in!!

You thinking about taking some cooking classes,

Oh, ya and the color is MUCH better, Who got the fun job of scraping the popcorn off the ceiling? Is you grandpa gonna to the tile work?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks badass, got an assload of cabintes lol
Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Blown 427 LSX

damn chris that is off the hook... i love center islands, very cool, especially if there is a stove and an extra sink in it.

Very cool -once it is all complete, you should post up before and after pics

(chase, sweet kitchen too man, and thanks for inviting me down, DOH!)
Old 04-19-2010, 05:19 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks badass Chris!!! I really like how the backyard leads directly into the kitchen, very nice indeed!!
Progress is going well, can't imagine what your gonna need ALL those damn cabinets for!! Jebus that's a whole heck of alot!!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:22 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice. I think your kitchen is just a bit smaller than my whole condo here in Chicago. As some of you know I love to cook and would give my left nut for some thing like that! Your definitely doing a nice job and I hope you will enjoy it for many years to come. Vince
Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone, I'm really happy with how it's turning out.

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Very nicely done. I may have missed it, but what counter tops are you going with?

Eric and I are wanting to remodel our kitchen, when funds become available, and I think I'd like to do slate looking floors and matching counter top.
I haven't picked counter tops yet. I'd like to do granite slab, but depending on how much it costs I may end up going with granite tile instead. Now that the cabinets are in I'm going to try to get counter tops figured out this week. I was originally going to go with a dark color on the tops but the more I look at pictures and the dark sample that I got next to my cabinets, I think I'm going to go with a lighter color similar to what Chase posted.

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
i just did mine a few months ago . dark wood and lighter granite looks good as well. i went with dark cherry and a lighter colored granit with stainless stuff . here is a pic to give you an idea

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...e/DSC02891.jpg
Looks good, thanks for sharing. I like that.

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Oh, ya and the color is MUCH better, Who got the fun job of scraping the popcorn off the ceiling? Is you grandpa gonna to the tile work?
The guy who's done all the work so far did the ceiling scraping. I had a different guy do the texturing and I'm not too happy with it. He's going to have to come back and fix quite a few things. My grandpa is going to do the tile.

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Very nice. I think your kitchen is just a bit smaller than my whole condo here in Chicago. As some of you know I love to cook and would give my left nut for some thing like that! Your definitely doing a nice job and I hope you will enjoy it for many years to come. Vince
I'll let you borrow it any time you want as long as I get to eat a little bit of whatever you make
Old 04-19-2010, 10:16 AM
I hate my cats

Very, very nice dude. I think the Older Generation (Bill's era) liked their homes all sectioned off and "cozy", and people our age like the open feel. My current house is open from one end to the other. Did you know, though, that granite is actually really porous and will hold germs like crazy if you're not obsessive about cleaning it? My sister found that out AFTER she had her granite installed... High five on the older girl too. Mine is almost 31 to my 28!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I want to see the custom OSB counter tops and polished concrete floors!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Progress?

Quick Reply: Kitchen remodel