THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

JANUARY'S EDITION of TRUCKIN' MAGAZINE

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet!! Congrats guys, wish I would've read this earlier... I literally just got home from Walmart getting Milk and baby food :doh: I'll have to pick one up tomorrow
Old 12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by trever1t
I expect some new members...we already have at least one and the magazine isn't even on the shelves in most stores yet.
i dont mind new members, hell who knows what other people have that could add to the forums, just dont want any douche bag members..or any my hypertech,tb spacer and 40 series added 300hp members lol
Old 12-12-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason I still don't see how I got in and you didn't. Hell I don't see how I got picked over half the trucks that were submitted. On the plus side they did give Charlie Wheatley some advertising on my space by mentioning his tune. I didn't have a clue I had made it until I picked the mag up and flipped through the pages. The looks on the peoples faces around me were priceless when they heard me on the phone saying my truck was in Truckin. One guy doubted that it was my truck so I walked outside with him after I bought my stuff and showed him how much of an idiot he is lol. Btw thanks to Dave for making all this possible. You're a hell of a guy for going out of your way to share the publicity with the rest of the PT.net crew.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ws6ls1
Jason I still don't see how I got in and you didn't. Hell I don't see how I got picked over half the trucks that were submitted. On the plus side they did give Charlie Wheatley some advertising on my space by mentioning his tune. I didn't have a clue I had made it until I picked the mag up and flipped through the pages.
you make a good point. i submitted my own (and not to sound like a snotrag, I did win TOTM this year in August) and I was not picked either.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess i'm lucky for missing the thread discussing entries...lol

Seriously..who cares..congrats to all who made it and sorry for those who didn't.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bonj87
you make a good point. i submitted my own (and not to sound like a snotrag, I did win TOTM this year in August) and I was not picked either.
So what, I didnt care if I made it or not. I won TOTM as well I damn sure wasnt going to lose sleep over it if I didnt get in, because there are thousands of other trucks out there that have somethin better. Yea its pretty cool my truck made it, Im really surprised it did and wasnt expecting it to. BIG thanks to Dave for giving us the opportunity and getting pt.net out in the spot light. Im sure they have alot bigger plans Jason in the future.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
So what, I didnt care if I made it or not. I won TOTM as well I damn sure wasnt going to lose sleep over it if I didnt get in, because there are thousands of other trucks out there that have somethin better. Yea its pretty cool my truck made it, Im really surprised it did and wasnt expecting it to. BIG thanks to Dave for giving us the opportunity and getting pt.net out in the spot light. Im sure they have alot bigger plans Jason in the future.
and yet, another really good point.
I must say congrats to all those PT.net members who got in the readers rides section. I very happy for you guys..
Old 12-16-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6ls1
Jason I still don't see how I got in and you didn't. Hell I don't see how I got picked over half the trucks that were submitted. On the plus side they did give Charlie Wheatley some advertising on my space by mentioning his tune. I didn't have a clue I had made it until I picked the mag up and flipped through the pages. The looks on the peoples faces around me were priceless when they heard me on the phone saying my truck was in Truckin. One guy doubted that it was my truck so I walked outside with him after I bought my stuff and showed him how much of an idiot he is lol. Btw thanks to Dave for making all this possible. You're a hell of a guy for going out of your way to share the publicity with the rest of the PT.net crew.
Well originaly i was going to be it but there was issues with my photos whenit cam time for print. Im not worried about it at all ill get my chance. How ever im very happy for all of you who did make it in the mag. Three cheers to dave for helping make this happen for pt net

Originally Posted by bonj87
who give a rats flying ****. TRUCKIN MAG AND PT.NET ARE NOT THE SAME SITE. that is a pretty weak comment to make. Dont rain on these guys parade. Congrats again to all you guys. I think this is a good thing for the truck performance side of things.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Saw everyone in the magazine today... Congrats to everybody that got published!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trever1t
OK so I drive to the grocery store and 2 Barnes and Nobles.....nobody in San Jose has a freaking copy!! This is without compare the most technologically advanced area in the world....and no one has a Truckin' magazine yet
According to who?

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
officially its not supposed to be out until Friday, however some places get it early... no one around here has it either.

Hey Bill, you know they have this invention in your "technologically advanced area in the world" its called a TELEPHONE, you can use this to call stores in your area to have them check to see if its in stock... instead of "driving the the grocery store and two barnes and nobles"...
when you ask tho, you gotta say - "Do you have the new issue of Truckin' in stock? the one with the FPQ on the cover?" lmao
Dave, what does what I hi-lited in red mean? Guess u told Bill.
Conrats to you & others. I know you're in there, but I have yet to see the others. I picked it up late last night, so haven't gone thru the issue to see others' rides. Very cool to all!
G/L on IB gettin you that Camaro. Very cool of you to include others from PT to share in your glory. If it was Bill, he woulda told them, "put everyone else in another issue."

Originally Posted by Parke10
thats awesome, i just hope we dont have a bunch of douche bags join now tho,..tho if they do scott and bill will run em off quick enough
We have those 2, so to all other DB's, we don't need any more.