THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

If I was a girl...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lownslo06
illl give you 25 bucks for it right now! ...
I'll give ya a quarter for it.

Originally Posted by trever1t
...I don't think I'd sell it to grandpa to tow his boat, then again, you never know

I don't really want to sell it but I was thinking how nice it'd be to buy a house and a TBSS
Actally, u are grandpa. Is there anyone older out there?
A TBSS? Please...
Nothin against TBSS owners, I think if I had to get a SUV, that'd be it. But u have a nice ride!
The house is a good idea tho. This occurs to u after u dump the Radix for a TVS? Coulda saved that $ if u had come up w/. this idea before.

LsxCody, old guy down the road from you never gets down on it; that's a waste.

...Just wondering is all. It's a love/hate thing I got with it, a stock TBSS with a little manifold mod would be sweet though.
Love/ hate? What's not to love?!? AS to the lil manifold mod. -->

Originally Posted by venomhp
On the otherside everyone knows its raced, has a 5.3 thats been lucky so far pushing a lot of boost, but everything seems to work right for you since I havent seen you have any problems. ...
It works due to Rick not Bill.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:25 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Actually TOM, you are incorrect. While Rick has helped me along the way the truck was built to MY specs with MY parts and the tuning I run with is now mostly mine. Rick fine tuned my VE and Timing tables on the dyno but I had it 98% there with help from a couple of guys from here via MSN. Rick is my friend and mechanic, the truck is all mine.

So kiss my bootay!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Actually TOM, you are incorrect. While Rick has helped me along the way the truck was built to MY specs with MY parts and the tuning I run with is now mostly mine. Rick fine tuned my VE and Timing tables on the dyno but I had it 98% there with help from a couple of guys from here via MSN. Rick is my friend and mechanic, the truck is all mine.

So kiss my bootay!
And who put the parts on? Who is your favorite mechanic again?

You were the person who sent me a PM that said u don't even own a jack!
Everyone should own a jack, a hammer, pliers, & straight a.w.a Phillips screwdrivers. At the bare minimum even for stuff in the home.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You forgot WD40 and duct tape
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A vehicle is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Screw NADA when it comes to modified and older vehicles. Although the interest population will be relatively low, you could find someone willing to pay $25K + for the truck. Modified trucks have always been a niche because most people look at trucks as work horses and not performance vehicles. Somebody paid $30K + for Parish's truck because of how popular and well known it was in the car enthusiast world, thanks mostly to the internet. Your truck is popular here and the local truck forum world but I will respectfully say it does not have the same status as Parish's truck has....or did. Since you're interested in a TBSS, see if you can find a TBSS owner willing to trade with money. Chances are they will be a truck performance enthusiast and see the REAL value your truck has.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you did just repaint it and all . id place it for sale on the forums you frequent and run until sold on autotrader. it cant hurt and start it a bit high for room to budge.

the market sucks but now that toyota isnt on it you should do a bit better , lol.

good luck with your sale and your future purchase( get a home man its soooo worth it , but also a ish ton of hard work) your tax's will thank you too.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd put it to stock, sell off the HP stuff separately
Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd put it to stock, sell off the HP stuff separately
Old 01-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder if he could sell it for what his post count is