THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I got the truck inspected today, always something interesting.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
iirc, we still have to pass visual emissions even if we are exempt.. not 100% sure though. Mine's a dumped Blowmaster before the axle it WON'T be in the spring!
Yea, he told me the visual part is only for exhaust getitng inside the vehicle. Like for leaks and to make sure it exits out from under.

My pissing point was, same place, different guy passed it being dumped last year!

ah well, sounds better now.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:13 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my last inspection of BRT, I put some cats on the passenger seat.

They guy said "Sir, I don't see any catalytic converters in your vehicle."

I said "They're on the passenger seat."

He grinned and said "Good enough for me."
Old 12-22-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm glad we don't have inspections here and I have farm plates on my trucks thanks to my parents place so I don't even have to go threw emissions either lol and plates r cheap too!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:59 PM
02 w/ lowest mileage 2800

I like to go to the VEIP when it's dark at the end of someones shift. Last time I went the guy didn't check the gas cap, no visual, no VIN check, just took my ticket typed up the information did and OBDII check and passed me. Could of passed for one truck in a different truck!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Inspection is the worst. I had to weld a piece of 3" driveshaft tubing behind my roll pan since roll pans are illegal in utah... There is no way my truck would pass the emissions in Nevada so I have to register it in Utah. Now I have no tint on my windows, I have to replace the headlights, and tail lights every time I get it inspected. Last time I took it to a different shop to get inspected and they guy didn't even look at it. Just wrote down the milage and gave me the keys back. So I will be going back to him from now on
Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, so much **** is illegal on mine, tint is too dark, brow is to tall, no cats...gotta love friendly inspectors.

I've been told to just roll down my windows and pull a fuse, and tell them it is a work in progress, window motors are last on the list...never tried.

Always try to catch them when they are busy. But in the end, if you fail for being illegal, gotta deal with it, we all know it's wrong. Also, not sharing where you go is ideal!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

NEVER post your hook up on the internet! it's a big risk on their part and can get fined out the *** or lose their license.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X2, on NOT sharing your hookup..ALL of the safety stuff (Rollpans,lights,exhaust exit,wipers,etc.) you guys mentioned, They could give a F#c$ about in CA..They are looking for ALL oe smog equipment intact..Thern you need a obd check...And then you have to pass the sniffer..

A funny story..I go to get my current truck smogged to a arab guy a friend with a built Fox goes.. I have NO egr, plus a h/c ls1 with full bolt ons ans a big rv muffler (quiet) after my cutout.. I just come in as a reg customer and he pops the hood and runs a obd2 scan...20 seconds later he calls me over in a arab accent says.."I dont understand my friend, You dont have any of your egr system, No catalytic converters, and race pipes ...But there are no check engine lights and your truck runs good" lol.. I just said..I dont know..thats how I bought it..and he said "Do you know how much it is going to cost to smog this" and I said "will $350 cover it" and he says "I will see what I can do" I was out of there 10 minutes later with my sticker But never once did we talk about anything..ready to get the hell out of COMIfornia
Old 12-23-2012, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oakley6575
Inspection is the worst. I had to weld a piece of 3" driveshaft tubing behind my roll pan since roll pans are illegal in utah... There is no way my truck would pass the emissions in Nevada so I have to register it in Utah. Now I have no tint on my windows, I have to replace the headlights, and tail lights every time I get it inspected. Last time I took it to a different shop to get inspected and they guy didn't even look at it. Just wrote down the milage and gave me the keys back. So I will be going back to him from now on
You need to take a little detour on your way to Utah homie. I am sure you are familiar with the Arizona strip thru the canyon from Vegas to st George? Well the tiny town of little field at the mouth of the canyon will save you some gas and the inspection. An Arizona DMV is setup in that town. Buy a PO box register your vehicle in little field and no more inspections or emissions ever again, you can even pay for 5 years of registration all at once.

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
X2, on NOT sharing your hookup..ALL of the safety stuff (Rollpans,lights,exhaust exit,wipers,etc.) you guys mentioned, They could give a F#c$ about in CA..They are looking for ALL oe smog equipment intact..Thern you need a obd check...And then you have to pass the sniffer..

A funny story..I go to get my current truck smogged to a arab guy a friend with a built Fox goes.. I have NO egr, plus a h/c ls1 with full bolt ons ans a big rv muffler (quiet) after my cutout.. I just come in as a reg customer and he pops the hood and runs a obd2 scan...20 seconds later he calls me over in a arab accent says.."I dont understand my friend, You dont have any of your egr system, No catalytic converters, and race pipes ...But there are no check engine lights and your truck runs good" lol.. I just said..I dont know..thats how I bought it..and he said "Do you know how much it is going to cost to smog this" and I said "will $350 cover it" and he says "I will see what I can do" I was out of there 10 minutes later with my sticker But never once did we talk about anything..ready to get the hell out of COMIfornia
You need to take the 2 1/2 or 3 hour drive to yuma Arizona right there on the river same rules apply and you will be doing the rest by mail for the next 5 years minimum.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

The guy I go to. Looks out the window to see my truck
Him" anything wrong with it?"
Me "few little issues"
him "anything dangerous that will bite me in the *** later"
me"nope"
him "see ya next year!"