THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Honest opinions on console/paint ---->

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Honest opinions on console/paint ---->

So I have been looking for a center console, that comes in tahoes, burbs, high trim'd sierras/silvys. All the ones I have seen, they want too much coin for IMO. I have found one that is priced pretty good, but is scratched up in a few areas that can be seen, I am not thrilled about it.. How do you think a factory console would look in my truck, that was smoothed, painted black to match the out side of the truck?? The only other black I have inside is my black accents in the door panels.. I was thinking it might look tacky, but then again it might look good. Plans are to take the section that had the cuby hole in it, make a cover plate up and mount my 2 gauges that are in the pillar in there, also the one I have in the extra cig hole, in there also.. Thoughts???? thanks..

Old 08-23-2010, 04:21 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it! You'd have to get rid of the jumper seat, if you do that you should get captin chairs to make it look better. IMO.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

I say two thumbs up for the idea, but it would have to be REALLY smoothed and black to match the rest of the truck but would look good when done right..
also wouldnt be a bad idea to find someway to fit in the black accent material into the center console somehow imo to tie it all together..
Old 08-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

IMO i would get the appropriate plastic dye paint for you interior trim color... Paint the console the matching color to your interior first. Should cost only $20 max... if you don't like the color then procede with the smoothing and black paint... I suggest dyeing it first because once you start sanding it there is no turning back. this way you have two options.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:42 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it would look okay, but scratch very easily. Then it would look like hell. I'd save up for one in nicer condition.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:47 PM
12 Second Truck Club

paint it the same color as your interior, otherwise go ahead and get some stickers, blue wire loom, and 5" tach from autozone.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:53 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I'm a fan of the jump seat over the full console, so I'll keep my mouth shut.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the same boat. I want a full center console but there so pricey!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is the same color as the factory interior is. But is scratched, if if I dyed it you might be able to still see the scratches.. I have seen dye jobs, IMO they do not look perfect, and if you eye *** them hard enough you can see it has been dyed.. As most of the stuff I do, it would be smooth, turn out very nice( im not trying to sound cocky, but I do take a lil pride in my work). Since I still have my fold down console, it wouldn't be a rush, just something I could peck at.. Def going to put huge tach in there also As for having the accent material, i could always run it along the bottom sides of the console, like the esky's and denali's have the carpet.. As for getting scratched up, I will clear the **** out of wear areas, might even put 3m clear shield on it.. Hmmm. Keep the ideas, thoughts coming..
Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You need a leather wrapped steering wheel...

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on console/paint ---->