THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

? on going snowboarding..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yall will have a blast,I know we did
Old 01-10-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd recommend some under armour cold gear, and some waterproof ski pants. by the way, snow boarding is my favorite thing to do in the world and if you plan on going frequently, then you ought to invest in your own board/boots/bindings. rental equipment usually sucks. Burton makes some really good beginner stuff and it's not crazy expensive.
haha, i agree with Charlie, stay on the bunny slope until you go down a few times.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 PM
8 Second Club

so what is the pole for...gaining speed?? sorry for the dumb ?'s
Old 01-10-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

you only use ski poles when you are skiing. they are for general control. cornering, slowing down, speeding up, etc.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
8 Second Club

^^^^cool..trying to gather all info i can before we go..

thanks
Flaco
Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

get some decent cloths for sure. i like some the old 686 stuff nice thick pants with some sweat type of pants on the inside . the jackets have a snow protector that attaches to the pants so when you slip and fall on your culo snow stays out.

for boards for a bigginer id say just get some decent binding ( not a fan of step in ) and a board sized properly should go right to about your shoulder .

burton , forum , and my current board is a reservoir dogs option . i love it i ride a 157 and im 6'0'' . i used to be on the hill about 3-4 times a week but now that i have a job maybe once a month . the first time out you will hate it and most likly only be able to handle one day of it then you will be sore for about a week . after you learn to transition from toe to heel you will catch on fast. learning to carve is though. make sure you try and stay on an edge . heel edge is most common for begginers. if you have ever surfed or skateboarded its similar but not the same. you steer with your back foot. just try to stretch and stay loose keep your knees bent and dont give up .

good luck man its a blast once you can straight line the hill going like 70 mph .
Old 01-11-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Flaco..

I have time this week. Sun And Ski Sports is having a killer sale. The closest one to me is Bay Area Blvd., or even Academy has some nice stuff. I definitely recommend getting your own cold weather gear. Charlie is right, the cold is different up there, it's a lot drier. Make sure that the hotel/lodge that you're stay has humidifiers, trust me you'll need them.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:26 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Flaco..

I have time this week. Sun And Ski Sports is having a killer sale. The closest one to me is Bay Area Blvd., or even Academy has some nice stuff. I definitely recommend getting your own cold weather gear. Charlie is right, the cold is different up there, it's a lot drier. Make sure that the hotel/lodge that you're stay has humidifiers, trust me you'll need them.
yep the lodge is well equiped...but what is humidifiers??? all i know is they told me it had a really nice HOT TUB ...lol
Old 01-11-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Flaco
yep the lodge is well equiped...but what is humidifiers??? all i know is they told me it had a really nice HOT TUB ...lol
It ain't gonna be hot when you get out...I know this too. You're even going to have " Man Perkies".

The alcohol sold in Colorado (beer) is at 5%. So that why I stuck to the Crown, Baileys, and Grey Goose. When you're in the mountains you'll get drunk faster. Just fore warned, the hang over is NOT pleasant.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:35 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
It ain't gonna be hot when you get out...I know this too. You're even going to have " Man Perkies".

The alcohol sold in Colorado (beer) is at 5%. So that why I stuck to the Crown, Baileys, and Grey Goose. When you're in the mountains you'll get drunk faster. Just fore warned, the hang over is NOT pleasant.
yep...i was told that u get drunk faster...