THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Detail equipment/tool storage

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detail equipment/tool storage

I know most of you have a toolbox and many of you guys keep your stuff organized. I am ocd when it comes to having stuff right where i need it. I can tell anyone who walks to my toolbox exactly where things are. Here recently I have been stocking up on my car wash/detail equipment..... and i am out of space in my storage room with everything that is in there.
I am considering using something like this to store my cleaning supplies(dylan from Adam's polishes does something similar)

I guess I want to see what you guys have for tool/detail equipment storage to keep things nice and neat!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Well my tool box is full, so i bought this for over flow, plus it allows me to take my tools to the truck

Also my wife organized all my rags, towels, buffing mits, etc into a bunch of small sealed bins that sit on my shelf...
Old 09-10-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will have to snap some pics tonight of my detailing box, you think your ocd...
Old 09-10-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

very nice!!!! You have a nice tool collection if that is over flow haha!!!! Thats the kind of thing I am talking about, what type of bins did she use for towels and are they labeled for different uses or just clean and dirty?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cart is nice to have while you're working on a car simply so you're not walking back and forth to a cabinet everytime you need something.

I grab all the interior supplies I need, knock out the interior.

Go back to the cabinet, grab the exterior supplies I need, and hit the exterior.

Just took a cheapy cart from the hardware store, got some self adhesive foam to protect all the edges (don't want it bumping into a car and scratching it) I even mounted a power strip on the cart so I can plug my vacuum, polisher, or lights in right at the cart.

My product storage is another story -

That doesn't include that massive amount of stuff stored in my office.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is great!!!! Exactly what i was looking for, thanks for posting! I hope to one day have a detail supply like yours!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lownslo06
very nice!!!! You have a nice tool collection if that is over flow haha!!!! Thats the kind of thing I am talking about, what type of bins did she use for towels and are they labeled for different uses or just clean and dirty?
they are just walmart bins in various sizes... Then i have 2 kitchen type trash cans w/ lids for the used stuff... One for oily stuff, the other is for car washing/waxing stuff... simple and inexpensive...
Old 09-12-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 09-12-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dylan that's alot. And since you're from Adams, I can see that.
But SILVERADO11... That's some incredible ****!!
That's impressive from any standpoint. I think u have as much there as my truck's worth!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:46 PM
something else

SILVERADO11 do you have stock in Adam's??? I mean holy cow! That's some love to one company.

Quick Reply: Detail equipment/tool storage