THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully a speedy recovery to your cousin.

And like Derrick said, his decisions may have had a lot to do with what happened last night, but it can happen to anyone at anytime.

Drinking and driving has never been on a top 10 best idea list, especially on a bike. I'm not about to say I don't do dumb things from time to time though either... we're all human, we'll all make not so smart decisions in life, when you get a blessing like your cousin did with a second chance, it's important to learn from them.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, i would think i was gonna be easy on it for a few months and then i would have it up to 150 the first day hahaha
Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFOLM
Good luck. I hope he has some self discipline... After I realized I was comfortable with going 160+ I realized bikes weren't for me...
Agreed! Im sure i'd be dead if i would've kept my bike. Once i got comfortable i don't think i went a full week without going 160+
Long story short. I got in alot of trouble and sold my bike to pay the tickets. Best decision of my life IMO
Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Guys who get on rockets & cruise at 120 through traffic while doing stunts should wreck. I call them organ donors. There is a place for it & the public highway is not the place. If there isn't one close to you then get organized & make it happen.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fun4me
Guys who get on rockets & cruise at 120 through traffic while doing stunts should wreck. I call them organ donors. There is a place for it & the public highway is not the place. If there isn't one close to you then get organized & make it happen.
Regardless of how fast someone is driving, or what wreckless thing they're doing. No one should ever have something like that said about them, or their families, that's just ******* ignorant.

No, it's not something that should be done on the highway, it happens though, and to say someone should wreck ...
Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fun4me
I agree that doing stunts on the highway is not safe, and speeding isn't safe. But for you to say that they should wreck is terrible. If your friends or family died from it would you tell everyone that he/she deserved it?!

Doing 60mph or the speed limit on a motorcycle is nearly impossible. For people that ride, or have ridden understand where im coming from. If your not doing 75-80mph its as if your hardly moving on the highway.

Anyways... all in all i agree that stunts should be performed on closed streets. But there's no reason to say people deserve to die.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by f4tal
I agree that doing stunts on the highway is not safe, and speeding isn't safe. But for you to say that they should wreck is terrible. If your friends or family died from it would you tell everyone that he/she deserved it?!

Doing 60mph or the speed limit on a motorcycle is nearly impossible. For people that ride, or have ridden understand where im coming from. If your not doing 75-80mph its as if your hardly moving on the highway.

Anyways... all in all i agree that stunts should be performed on closed streets. But there's no reason to say people deserve to die.
You said the same thing, you were just nicer about it.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Teching In

If they don't care how their family feel if they die then why should I. Its not gonna change the way I feel. Lets hope when they do crash they won't take someone else with them.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Teching In

I DO ride.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i wrecked last January doing about 130ish (16K rpm in third gear on a 2006 R6 with quite a few mods), a Jeep pulled out in front of me and i was going too fast to be able to react, my stupid decision and mistake, I'm lucky I lived through it and it is a miracle that I didnt get hurt any worse than a sprained ankle.

Hope your cousin makes a full recovery and thinks twice about drinking and driving again or riding like an idiot.

Quick Reply: Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH