PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   THE TRUCK STOP (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/)
-   -   Build your own LS7/LS9 at GM's facility! (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/build-your-own-ls7-ls9-gms-facility-500254/)

06sierra5.3 04-12-2012 03:20 PM

thats like getting to make your pizza. Its cool at first, but half way through i just want to eat the fucking PIZZA!

CC05 04-12-2012 10:42 PM

Wow. What a clusterfuck of ignorance.

Read carefully: It's cool because no other company offers this to their customers. Not everyone knows how to build an engine, and to some, the experience is worth that much money. I'm know that there are PLENTY of older guys who would love this, and that's exactly why GM is doing it. I built my LSX for half of the advertised cost for this program, but you all won't see me complaining about the program and being a smartass about it. I never once recommended it to anyone on the forum, I just thought it was cool. I'm not forcing anyone to participate, I assure you.

06sierra5.3 04-12-2012 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by CC05 (Post 4904463)
Wow. What a clusterfuck of ignorance.

Read carefully: It's cool because no other company offers this to their customers. Not everyone knows how to build an engine, and to some, the experience is worth that much money. I'm know that there are PLENTY of older guys who would love this, and that's exactly why GM is doing it. I built my LSX for half of the advertised cost for this program, but you all won't see me complaining about the program and being a smartass about it. I never once recommended it to anyone on the forum, I just thought it was cool. I'm not forcing anyone to participate, I assure you.

why cant we be smart asses about it without being ridiculed? we're smart asses about everything else

Its a cool program for those who need it

CC05 04-12-2012 11:32 PM

No one "needs" the program. The program is there for those who want to enjoy the experience, regardless of cost. If you want to be a smartass, no need to bring it into my thread.

06sierra5.3 04-12-2012 11:39 PM

I thought mine was the least smartass remark. Halfway through building an engine wouldnt you be so excited you just wanted to drive it already. If youre offended about that, then I dunno what to say. Ill leave you alone.

CC05 04-12-2012 11:48 PM

I didn't take it as being a smartass comment--just made a general statement. Take it as you may.

LS1TRUCKGUY 04-14-2012 06:06 PM

if i had the expendable cash to do so, i would. it would be a cool experience to do so in a gm facility. to see YOUR engine put together and get your hands dirty doing it would be definetley be a conversation piece to say the least

custm2500 04-14-2012 08:21 PM

I thought it was very a very cool idea. I knew it would be over priced but according to someone on LS1tech it is almost $9000 if you buy a crate motor and $5000 if you buy a vett or camaro. I know it isn't catering to this crowd but that is a bit ridiculous to me.

dmelvin 04-14-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY (Post 4905147)
if i had the expendable cash to do so, i would. it would be a cool experience to do so in a gm facility. to see YOUR engine put together and get your hands dirty doing it would be definetley be a conversation piece to say the least

:metoo:

CC05 04-14-2012 08:56 PM

The cost is high, because people will pay it. If it were $5,000, GM wouldn't be able to handle the amount of people wanting to flood the factory floor--that alone would decrese production and cut profits. It's a cool opportunity, and it's cool that an auto manufacturer will let you get hand's-on with a motor, in their own factory, in today's time.