THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Best concrete cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:56 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Best concrete cleaner?

OK, so I moved to a new place and the garage has numerous stains in the concrete that appear to be oil, tranny fluid or something similar.

I used to have some stuff that I could pour on a stain, let it sit for a while, and then wash it off and it would make the concrete cleaner than the concrete around it that is not stained.

I guess I lost the stuff in the move (we threw a lot of stuff out)... so if anybody knows of a good product that cleans concrete really well please let me know. Thanx!
Old 09-26-2017, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

ZEP concrete cleaner works pretty good. If it's soaked super far into the concrete cleaners can only do some much to draw it out.

I also like using high powered pressure washers with warm water and a special concrete spray head.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

The guys that come out with the truck-mounted hot water (steam actually) are the way to go with concrete oil stains. They'll still need to use some good chemicals but the steam is what is needed on top of that. Even with that combo it can still be a difficult job. Those guys are used to it though and will know what to use.

You can try to DIY it and I have used the Zep concrete cleaner but had so-so results. That was even trying to clean a stain off the driveway that was fresh oil, not dirty oil - had brought the work truck home and some dummy left a jug of oil in the toolbox that the cap wasn't tight. Big ole spill overnight...

Richard
Old 09-26-2017, 01:17 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Castrol super clean (purple container) i use its just like the zep others talk about

steam/and cleaner should do the trick with better results but some will remain deep like mentioned
Old 09-26-2017, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I spent 10 years in the field doing natural stone and concrete refinishing/polishing. I am now a distributor. If you post some pics, I can recommend a cleaner. I won't pot any of my own links, and I can probably help find you a distributor in your area