THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Autozones fire employee for stopping robbery.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
**** YOU autozone ! Never again will I go there.
That pretty much sums it up
Old 12-04-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i duno...it could go both ways. it sucks that the guy was fired but it also tells me that auto zone cares about their employees to an extent. they are willing to lose money to protect the safety of their associates. if their was a written policy in place and he broke it...termination is a reasonable action...even if it didnt involve a robbery.

and tell the truth, it was probably some punk *** kid who wanted to be a hero and had nothing in his head about the protection of vato zone.
Said he was in the Air Force, so I'm taking his side
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, that is horse ****. Just shows that regulation and governing in this country are getting out of hand. When do morals take a role in our lives anymore?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was the best thing AutoZone could have done for the guy. Now I bet he gets a great job at a respectable place from this deal. If I had a business I would hire this guy without a doubt.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
I wrote to them!!

i duno...it could go both ways. it sucks that the guy was fired but it also tells me that auto zone cares about their employees to an extent. they are willing to lose money to protect the safety of their associates. if their was a written policy in place and he broke it...termination is a reasonable action...even if it didnt involve a robbery.

and tell the truth, it was probably some punk *** kid who wanted to be a hero and had nothing in his head about the protection of vato zone.
Stew, re-read the article. Says clearly what happened and I disagree about him being a punk *** kid. He wasn't protecting vatozone, he was protecting his friend and colleague. I also don't see how the heck this really shows how autozone cares about it's employee's...I'm lost on that one.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WTF. Thats messed up. Corporate companies could give a **** about their employees while some employees try to give a crap about the company they work for. Never bought from autozone n now never will.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Complete crap. Hell, it's "against company policy" for us to carry firearms in our company vehicles to but our boss has already said if we carry one, that's perfectly fine. There's no way I'm gonna travel some of the places we do, miles away from civilization, all hours of the day and night without some sort of firearm. My XDm rides with me every single day.

This guy was just doing what he thought was right, and got **** on at probably the worst time possible for him. Hopefully some good company out there has seen this and offered this guy a better job. The fact is, it's a damn shame there aren't more people like him in our country. Most would have pissed down their leg and hid, this guy handled business.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats why I don't go to shitzone! There slow,always get your order wrong, an they fire people for doing the right thing! The man should be employee of the decade for that or a promotion.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

I admit i didnt read. Is a 9$ an hour job worth a thousand or 2 worth of ****?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I admit i didnt read. Is a 9$ an hour job worth a thousand or 2 worth of ****?
Was the couple thousand dollars worth the life of the manager?? To the thief, it very well could have been. That is why the kid took it upon himself to get protection and handle business.

What if the manager was a woman? Would that make you realize that what the kid did was the right thing to do?

Quick Reply: Autozones fire employee for stopping robbery.