THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Arizona legalizes concealed carry without a permit

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that settles it... im moving to AZ.
is there an age requirement?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

An armed society is a polite society.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a CCW permit in Washington State, I can't say that it helped crime overall but I can tell a few stories where I first hand witnessed a crime NOT happen because you can just tell that person wasn't sure how it was going to end. Way to go Arizona!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:06 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, lucky AZ residents....no way we'll see this out here
Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by SILVERADO11
I have my concealed carry permit here in az, got it the day i turned 21, and will update it when it expires, i like to be up on the new laws and know what i can and cant do if i need to protect my self or my family. I love AZ!
I have one as well, and will continue to renew it. As you said, the legal portion of the training class is valuable. The firearms training is a joke, as long as you can hit the broad side of a barn from 10 feet away you pass. Permits are still necessary for carrying into bars/restaurants, into other states that recognize our permits, and I believe into national parks as well.

Originally Posted by honeycutt.dewey
that settles it... im moving to AZ.
is there an age requirement?
You have to be over 21.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
High on diesel fumes

Oh, and I just read recently that we exempted ourselves from federal regulation on firearms that are both produced and sold inside our borders. Governor Brewer has been a great advocate for gun rights. There have been some huge number of pro gun laws that she has signed into law since she took over for Napolitano.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

dam that is cool . ill remember this when im at the lake all summer .
Old 04-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know Texas isn't going to stand by and get shown up like that. I hope Oklahoma and other states jump on board. They'll likely wait a while to see if the crime rate goes down though.

I love the Idea. People commit crimes with the comfort of knowing most of the public is unarmed. Allowing the public to carry should greatly reduce robberies and public shootings as the criminals know that odds are good someone will be shooting back.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunder550
I have one as well, and will continue to renew it. As you said, the legal portion of the training class is valuable. The firearms training is a joke, as long as you can hit the broad side of a barn from 10 feet away you pass. Permits are still necessary for carrying into bars/restaurants, into other states that recognize our permits, and I believe into national parks as well.

You have to be over 21.
LMFAO ya i remember when i did the firearms training portion i could have shot with my eyes closed and still past lol there was an old lady next to me that did not know how to load her 357 magnum revolver LMAO she couldent hit the target and they still past her, kinda scary if you ask me.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love the Idea. People commit crimes with the comfort of knowing most of the public is unarmed. Allowing the public to carry should greatly reduce robberies and public shootings as the criminals know that odds are good someone will be shooting back.[/QUOTE]

I couldent agree more!

Quick Reply: Arizona legalizes concealed carry without a permit