THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Apple VS everybody, eerrr I mean Samsung, I mean Samsung

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly hate apple. Lol.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
You really hate Apple huh? I still fail to see what they've done wrong in all this.

To me:
-They buy the patents/rights to a piece of technology
-Create/build/invent a product with the technology they own
-Market it
-Sell it
-Then defend the technology that they rightfully own

Where's the issue here?

And rather than discuss what is meant by "Apple Inventing" products, I think this guy does a good job of explaining it...
Article: Does Apple Invent Things? | BuzzingPixel
I don't hate Apple, I plan on buying an iPhone in the near future to try out actually. It's just stupid to be naive that they aren't doing the EXACT same ******* thing they're suing over. Get off Apples nutts and open your eyes. They're being giant hypocrites.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 AM

It's going to be interesting to see how all this patent suing hashes out that Apple started. If Apple doesn't win these two lawsuits they would be banned from selling ALL their products in the US. One is patent infringement on LTE capability for the iPhone and the other is over WiFi capability for the rest of their products. Personally I hope they get their *** handed to them so they're knocked off their pedistal a bit and learn to quit trying to be a market tyrant.

Samsung will reportedly sue Apple over LTE use on iPhone 5 | Apple - CNET News

U.S. judge: HTC patents likely valid in Apple suit | Apple - CNET News
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's all I gotta say
Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 AM

Sheeple...
Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO, their is some DUMB motha F&*KRS out there. They are prolly doing this now after seeing that clip
Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not better than that video where Howard stern sent reporters into the street last election and asked everybody how they felt about Obama and Cain on the same ticket.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:40 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I don't hate Apple, I plan on buying an iPhone in the near future to try out actually. It's just stupid to be naive that they aren't doing the EXACT same ******* thing they're suing over. Get off Apples nutts and open your eyes. They're being giant hypocrites.
Easy there tiger, I'm not swinging on anybody's nuts. I, like most people who got into Apple products, did so because of the problems I was having with Mircosoft based products. I started with a mac-book pro and went from there. I like Apple products simply because they work, are pretty innovative and I don't have to send my stuff to India if I accidentally goober-snozzle on my keyboard.

I'm not biased or play favorties, I'm sure some of the Android stuff is pretty snazzy and reliable but I have no personal expience with them. I mentioned a few times that I didn't agree with the verdict of the lawsuit and just as I feel Apple has a right to defending their patent investments, I also support MTC for doing the same. Why wouldn't I?

And I'm not trying to be beligerant, just saying if you invest in a technology, you have a right to defend your investment whether you are Apple OR Samsung.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That video was awesome! "it's definatly lighter, faster and much more updated!" "I have the 4s"
They should of handed them a 3GS and told them that was the new one. Haha
Old 09-13-2012, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Easy there tiger, I'm not swinging on anybody's nuts. I, like most people who got into Apple products, did so because of the problems I was having with Mircosoft based products. I started with a mac-book pro and went from there. I like Apple products simply because they work, are pretty innovative and I don't have to send my stuff to India if I accidentally goober-snozzle on my keyboard.

I'm not biased or play favorties, I'm sure some of the Android stuff is pretty snazzy and reliable but I have no personal expience with them. I mentioned a few times that I didn't agree with the verdict of the lawsuit and just as I feel Apple has a right to defending their patent investments, I also support MTC for doing the same. Why wouldn't I?

And I'm not trying to be beligerant, just saying if you invest in a technology, you have a right to defend your investment whether you are Apple OR Samsung.
I was at work at 3am, Im cranky in the morning what can I say