THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Is it about to hit the fan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you see that one school official that had her contract bought out for like $900k and then went and filed for unemployment benefits? What a ******* bitch.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Invest in ammunition!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 203 Likes on 139 Posts

No lol I didn't see that one. Man what happened to good ol honest, hardworking people... I feel like it died with my dads generation, and even the generation before him. Shame..
Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by smokeshow
No lol I didn't see that one. Man what happened to good ol honest, hardworking people... I feel like it died with my dads generation, and even the generation before him. Shame..
It died when the government started giving out handouts with no incentives to find work. I can understand if a person needs unemployment benefits for a period of time but getting it for 99 weeks (and they just extended the benefits even longer) is ridiculous. I can understand if somebody needs to be on food stamps for a period of time but being a 3rd generation of food stamper is ridiculous, especially when these are the people popping out babies at 13 years old. The people who shouldn't be having kids are usually the ones having kids.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I know I'm spending the next month in Australia, so if it goes down in that time I could care less.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prime example of why this country is going broke... this lady has 13 kids and blames the system for her problems...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Last edited by LS1TRUCKGUY; 12-06-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

YES it is!

My parents started stocking up on Guns, Ammo, Dry/Canned goods for about 6 months now. They turned my old room into a pantry and it has food floor to ceiling, at least enough to last several months. They just converted to a gas stove as well. Cash, guns, ammo in the safe... No sh*t. Hell what ELSE can you do but prepare. This may sound crazy but they by far arent nuts country folks...they just decided not to wait till it happens to play catch up.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0
YES it is!

My parents started stocking up on Guns, Ammo, Dry/Canned goods for about 6 months now. They turned my old room into a pantry and it has food floor to ceiling, at least enough to last several months. They just converted to a gas stove as well. Cash, guns, ammo in the safe... No sh*t. Hell what ELSE can you do but prepare. This may sound crazy but they by far arent nuts country folks...they just decided not to wait till it happens to play catch up.
The only problem I see with that is what if you have to move?

Say a nuclear war starts, or we'll just say any type of war starts on our soil. Unless you live out in the middle of nowhere, I don't see many people staying in urban areas. You can only take so much with you.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 203 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by thiems
It died when the government started giving out handouts with no incentives to find work. I can understand if a person needs unemployment benefits for a period of time but getting it for 99 weeks (and they just extended the benefits even longer) is ridiculous. I can understand if somebody needs to be on food stamps for a period of time but being a 3rd generation of food stamper is ridiculous, especially when these are the people popping out babies at 13 years old. The people who shouldn't be having kids are usually the ones having kids.
Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
Prime example of why this country is going broke... this lady has 13 kids and blames the system for her problems...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
100% agreed...I get pissed off about **** like that on nearly a daily basis. This country's society has evolved into something that caters to the lowest common denominator, ie. people who could do something more but choose not to. People who eat themselves out of a bank account, or people who buy lavish homes with absolutely no means or no care for how they are going to pay for them...and people feel sorry for them. Its people that literally think for the here and now and have no concern for what will happen in 5 minutes. Its a recipe for disaster.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Scott... if the american dollar goes to ****, you could trade your guns, knives, and flashlights for food and gas. Lol

Quick Reply: Is it about to hit the fan?