Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

What are my options for using LS1 Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What are my options for using LS1 Fans?

I know PCM for less has a harness out, but do I have any other options?

It's not for me but basically a local guy is gonna trade me an ss3200 in exchange for me installing my set of ls1 efans(which I paid $58 shipped for) +$100 from me.

If I do it right, I'll have a $795 Yank converter for my silverado and it will cost me less than $300.

Thanks,
Mark

EDIT- The reason why I don't just assume use the PCM4less harness is that I'm not entirely sure his tuner will tune for them. So I'm curious as to if there are any good external units available.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-11-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a ton of different external units available. I only have experience with the FAL external controllers for fans on an old truck. I wouldn't recommend the FAL controllers, they will get the job done but I'm sure there are better options out there. Dakota digital makes a nice one, but it's pricey.

If you find out that his tuner will turn then on in the pcm I think that is the easiest thing to do and DLH2006 is making fan harnesses so you might PM him to find out what he charges for them. I got mine from white1 when he was making them and mine works great and it was very reasonably priced.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by truckmann
There are a ton of different external units available. I only have experience with the FAL external controllers for fans on an old truck. I wouldn't recommend the FAL controllers, they will get the job done but I'm sure there are better options out there. Dakota digital makes a nice one, but it's pricey.

If you find out that his tuner will turn then on in the pcm I think that is the easiest thing to do and DLH2006 is making fan harnesses so you might PM him to find out what he charges for them. I got mine from white1 when he was making them and mine works great and it was very reasonably priced.
Thanks Ryan. I knew DLH2006 was making harnesses, hell I was gonna buy one from him, but I didn't know if they worked for a trailblazer ss or not. I'll PM him and ask him.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

No problem. I think the pcm and tuning is probably pretty much the same in TBSS's as the trucks so I thing DLH's harness should work just fine.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did LS1 fans, 2 relays and a $25 Flex-A-Lite thermostat... Got one fan tapped to the A/C compressor and the other to the t-stat... Never had a problem. Cost me about $35 and a new set of fans for my TA
Old 04-12-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

You think white1's harness will work with the TBSS? I have one in the garage from him... and a set of LS1 fans. Any idea on the PCM pin that can be used for fans?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
You think white1's harness will work with the TBSS? I have one in the garage from him... and a set of LS1 fans. Any idea on the PCM pin that can be used for fans?
The harness should work fine. I am not 100% sure which pinout you need to use on the PCM, but it looks like pin 36 is the correct one. Here is where I got that from.
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ight=tbss+fans
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Veteran

The harness should work fine. I am not 100% sure which pinout you need to use on the PCM, but it looks like pin 36 is the correct one. Here is where I got that from.
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ight=tbss+fans
Thanks a million Ryan! I might actuall get to pick up that ss3200 for about $275 total. That would be sweet.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Thanks a million Ryan! I might actuall get to pick up that ss3200 for about $275 total. That would be sweet.
Yeah that's a steal!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Does Nelson make a harness?

What about a DC controller?

Quick Reply: What are my options for using LS1 Fans?