Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

TBSS MagnaCharger PreOrders

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Steve, I am not Bob I am Brian, I used to work for Bob, he and I are good friends. I worked for Magnuson for 2.5 years in the sales and special projects.

The TBSS project is one that I have a vested interest in
I get you two mixed up. Well still thx Bob for giv'n up your truck to do the prototype. Hell I bought a TCM/ECM and paid $180.00 for the dealer to reprogram them so while Andy @ ADM was doing the Tune/CAI/Fan, I did loose any drive time.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:03 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercoolin
I get you two mixed up. Well still thx Bob for giv'n up your truck to do the prototype. Hell I bought a TCM/ECM and paid $180.00 for the dealer to reprogram them so while Andy @ ADM was doing the Tune/CAI/Fan, I did loose any drive time.

Its hard to tell us apart, we both drink like fish and love women! Bob is a great guy, he mentioned that you have been chatting with him over the phone! He knows his superchargers
Old 07-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Default Just can't wait another 30 days.

Its hard to tell us apart, we both drink like fish and love women! Bob is a great guy, he mentioned that you have been chatting with him over the phone! He knows his superchargers
Actually swapping emails. I have been waiting for the TBSS kit because of the 36K engine warranty (extra $200.00) but have learned that unless a certified shop does the install, they won't sell you the warranty. So now it doesn't matter. I am sending you a PM with what I need along with a SSR kit, as soon as I get comformation on the shipping of my SW headers, I am gonna order the Maggie. Right now I am loosing sleep over have all the other goodies sitting in the back of the truck waiting to be installed, add the blower early and I will tear it down before everything is here.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:06 PM
blownerator

Actually swapping emails. I have been waiting for the TBSS kit because of the 36K engine warranty (extra $200.00) but have learned that unless a certified shop does the install, they won't sell you the warranty. So now it doesn't matter. I am sending you a PM with what I need along with a SSR kit, as soon as I get comformation on the shipping of my SW headers, I am gonna order the Maggie. Right now I am loosing sleep over have all the other goodies sitting in the back of the truck waiting to be installed, add the blower early and I will tear it down before everything is here.

I would suggest waiting the 30 days until the testing is done. This way if ANY issues arise its on Magnuson, not your truck. I am working EVERY day with Magnsuon on this project.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Supercoolin - I can get the price on the parts you want. I have to agree with BlownChevy on the wait as this way you will get everything from the small parts like hoses and the intake tube. The SSR kit is made to produce 6 psi, I have customers with automatics that get boost spike as high as 7 psi on shifts. Unless you are looking at doing a set of heads with bigger combustion chambers I wouldnt recommend increasing the boost until you get the kits installed and tuned. Once installed and while tuning you can try some smaller pulleys like the 2.9 or 2.8 (stock is a 3.0). I can sell the shim kits for the pulleys and the smaller pulleys. The 42.5 lbs injectors (Green Tops) are at only about 78%-85% duty cycle with the magnuson tune shooting for 12.5 to 1 AFR.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2005SSR6Speed
Supercoolin - I can get the price on the parts you want. I have to agree with BlownChevy on the wait as this way you will get everything from the small parts like hoses and the intake tube. The SSR kit is made to produce 6 psi, I have customers with automatics that get boost spike as high as 7 psi on shifts. Unless you are looking at doing a set of heads with bigger combustion chambers I wouldnt recommend increasing the boost until you get the kits installed and tuned. Once installed and while tuning you can try some smaller pulleys like the 2.9 or 2.8 (stock is a 3.0). I can sell the shim kits for the pulleys and the smaller pulleys. The 42.5 lbs injectors (Green Tops) are at only about 78%-85% duty cycle with the magnuson tune shooting for 12.5 to 1 AFR.

Won't need an intake tube, have 4"MAS/CAI. Have new heads (9.8 to 1) and custom cam for the blower, headers on way and will fab my own 3" dual exhaust and I have enough small parts to do a half a dozen kits. And 43# injectors won't handle the initial set up. Been there done that. Now that I know the engine warranty will not be available, I don't need a model specific kit. Got your PM and will give you a call on Monday unless you are available over the weekend....let me know.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Jimminy ckrickets, I could have hand built the entire blower from a block of aluminum and a friggin dremel by now using a bar of chocolate a go fuel. Has anyone gotten an update of the petrifization, ooopps, I mean progress of the TBSS install.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:41 AM
blownerator

Jimminy ckrickets, I could have hand built the entire blower from a block of aluminum and a friggin dremel by now using a bar of chocolate a go fuel. Has anyone gotten an update of the petrifization, ooopps, I mean progress of the TBSS install.

damn, maybe you should check into employment at magnsuon

Status is, Working hard on making this a reality.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:27 AM
blownerator

**Update** Working on the front mount heat exchanger today. Should have some pics of that and the air inlet tube today or tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Default This won't be my first rodeo

damn, maybe you should check into employment at magnsuon

Status is, Working hard on making this a reality.
Brian, Been there, done that...

Http://members.***.net/scfoster/paxton.jpg
Http://members.***.net/scfoster/da_boat.jpg (pair of 572 in da boat)

I have fallen in love with the Saleen set up for the Mustang and am half tempted to build something like it with a Whipple 2.6L. My SW headers arrive tomorrow by FedEx and the only thing missing is the Supercharger and at my age, I no longer have to wait for sh*t!!!

Quick Reply: TBSS MagnaCharger PreOrders