Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

So, this is whats gonna happen

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Phoenix for 4 years with no A/C in my TA.. Granted it was a dry heat, all I need is a good breeze..
Old 03-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING

I you do run alcohol how are you going to drive it to and from the tracks?
Alcohol usually burns about twice as fast as regular gas, so if the stock tank was used it would still be plenty large enuff for ocassional street use. I personally don't see why anyone would want to do that...especially in a truck like this. The main benefit's of Alcohol are the ability to hot lap the vehicle and still remain consistant. This is beneficial when bracket racing as when you start to go a few rounds the downtime in between rounds is reduced, thus not allowing time to cool the engine completely. Most newer Fuel Injected motors tend to operate at higher temps. making this less of a concern. A couple tenths ET reduction is also common.

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
motor together, but they fuct up royally, installing 2 pistons upside down....
WTF?? How do you install pistons upside down

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
yeah, that's why I asked. I love what it does for big cube N2O motors Watching tose intake hats sweat is amazing!
Big cube nitrous motors don't run alcohol, and Blown Alcohol injected motors like ProMod and Alcohol Funny Car's don't run nitrous.

This thread literally has
The thing about the pistons makes no fuggin' sense....did no one else read that, or have I been huffin' paint fumes too long today?

Last edited by BADMOFO; 03-11-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Alcohol usually burns about twice as fast as regular gas, so if the stock tank was used it would still be plenty large enuff for ocassional street use. I personally don't see why anyone would want to do that...especially in a truck like this. The main benefit's of Alcohol are the ability to hot lap the vehicle and still remain consistant. This is beneficial when bracket racing as when you start to go a few rounds the downtime in between rounds is reduced, thus not allowing time to cool the engine completely. Most newer Fuel Injected motors tend to operate at higher temps. making this less of a concern. A couple tenths ET reduction is also common.
I knew all that about it.
Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Big cube nitrous motors don't run alcohol, and Blown Alcohol injected motors like ProMod and Alcohol Funny Car's don't run nitrous.
huh, that I didn't know... I've never used alcohol but have seen many alcohol cars and could've swore they were big block nitrous cars. Must have just been N/A???
Old 03-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Need More N2O Mod

if the pistons have valve reilef and you turn those around that is considered upside down.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Steve lets get this project done asap.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Steve lets get this project done asap.
Im dying to get something fast out on the track to represent the shop.. I dropped the motor off at LME and pretty much walked around the rest of the day with a hard-on after everything we talked about.. 1500hp, dry sump, ETP heads, cam specs in the .7xx"/26x* range
When are we gonna bolt the F1 to your beast? Im getting tired of all the slow imports I've been working on lately..
Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Need to ask a question. If you're going to run alcohol and keep it efi and the motor is going to need twice as much what injector size you plan on running? Just asking because i remember an article in gm high tech magazine of a car that had 19 injectors because it was consuming so much alcohol. 16 of them were for the cylinders 2 were in the intake tract for support of the other 16 and 1 was in the tube coming from the intercooler to cool down the intake charge because it was turbocharged.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

If we decide to run alcohol, we will probably use 96 lb/hr injectors and two additional 60 lb/hr injectors right after the throttle body. We wont use an intercooler either and we will probably use a smaller radiator.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Need More N2O Mod

So how's the project coming???
Old 04-28-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Motor is still at LME, heads are still at ETP, the turbo system is still on the drawing board, but going to start taking shape within the next few weeks

Quick Reply: So, this is whats gonna happen