Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Almost got my TBSS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost got my TBSS!

Fellas, a guy at my gym owns a Chevy dealership, Durand Chevrolet in Hudson Massachusetts, so I'm buying from him. I went to his dealership on Saturday and we talked numbers. It was great bypassing all the salesmen and going upstairs to the owner's office to do a deal. Anyway, he located 5 or 6 black awd, 3SS with Sun and Sound. Some had Nav too, and a couple had the DVD system. He said he's having a hard time getting these dealers to let him sell their SS. He ordered one in case he isn't able to get one from another dealer. The one I want retails for $39,225., 3SS with side-curtain (which I didn't really want but I'll take it anyway), Sun and Sound, and ashtray and lighter.

He looked at my trade, a 2002 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with 4.7L. I'm getting 4k off plus $500. (for some other incentive I wasn't aware of). the bottom line is $23,500. out of pocket with my trade. He offered $10,995. for my trade. My research shows $9800. wholesale, so I was happy with that offer. Plus the incentive and about $1500. under retail.

It seems that other dealers aren't so willing now to let their TBSSs go to other dealerships. Rick said the 4k incentive has really picked up sales. Anyway, I could have it this week, or 4 or 5 weeks from now if I have to wait for the order.

I didn't think of this at the time, but why can't he offer a dealership the one he ordered in exchange for one they have on the lot? I don't know if he thought of that, but he's been in the dealership business for 20 years so I bet he has. I'll see him tomorrow at the gym and run that by him. I didn't think dealerships could refuse another dealership that already has a buyer. Do you guys know how that works exactly? Thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Need More N2O Mod

to be honest i would wait for the one on order IMO, if your getting one from another dealership you wont know how the "test" drives were treated. this way you can watch yours roll off the truck
Old 05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

That's a good point, but the wait is gonna be excruciating. Either way I'm really looking foward to it. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I recommed waiting. You will get the one that you want and you know you are the first one to "really" drive it. It was a cool site to see mine after it just arrived on the lot, before prep work was done. I also got to reomve all the interior plastic off. It is a great feeling getting a new vehicle.

Chad
Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Chad, you guys have helped me to chill out about waiting for my truck. I sort of don't mind now if I have to wait another month for the good reasons you guys brought up.

I talked to Rick (dealership owner) today and suggested that he try to swap the TBSS he ordered with a dealership that has one on their lot. He said he's trying to do that, and he's still working on it, but either way is okay with me now.

I'm really psyched about getting this truck. I considered every other option but ended up here afterall. It's just hard to say no, the truck looks great, love the LSx engines, good utility, and a real good value. Plus we gotta get GM back on top.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Just got a call from Rick the dealer. He said he has one coming tomorrow spec'd out the way I wanted, except with Nav. I really wanted to give Nav a try anyway, so no problem. So he said I'll be driving away on Thursday. I'm really psyched! I haven't been this psyched since my T/A in 2000.