TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Spraying down exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spraying down exhaust?

I didn't know where to put this at so here goes. I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser that I'm bolting up a cat-back exhaust to.

Question-It's hot as hell in bakersfield right now (101F). Even if I let my truck sit for a while, the exhaust really won't cool down that well. Could I give it couple of shots from the hose to help it cool down. I won't be spraying any of the flanges just the tubing that will be handled...
Old 06-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It should be fine imo as long as its not piping hot,compressed air works well also
Old 06-20-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just keep it off the cats . . . . those will be the hottest.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya bako is a little bit warm... did u go out to famosa this year?
Old 06-20-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

do it at night with a worklight, screw working on it in 101* with the concrete now expelling the humidity from the water you just sprayed.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, Thanks for the replies and help guys. Ya I like to stay away from the cats, there is like 4 of them on this bitch!

Originally Posted by One_Slow4.8
ya bako is a little bit warm... did u go out to famosa this year?
Ya bro I've gone out like three times. Except this last friday that passed, I was moving into my girlfriends apartment . I'll be at famoso at the very next Friday nite test and tune. Hopefully my girl won't be a lil **** and record at least 90% of my runs.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know it might crack the plastic engine block and plastic exhaust pipes , haha just kidding with ya man, you should be fine as long as its not scorching hot, Id actually get some hot water in a bucket and kind of splash it underneath wont cool the metal to fast
Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jaegcm99
Ok, Thanks for the replies and help guys. Ya I like to stay away from the cats, there is like 4 of them on this bitch!

Ya bro I've gone out like three times. Except this last friday that passed, I was moving into my girlfriends apartment . I'll be at famoso at the very next Friday nite test and tune. Hopefully my girl won't be a lil **** and record at least 90% of my runs.

were you there when the deisel supposedly dumped sand on the track?? becasue if you were i was there that day. btw that deisel was my uncles and it didnt dump sand becasue we sprayed it out b4 we came. i hate the track officail he is a *****.. every tech that looked at it waved it by and we got up there and he sent us back.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow that sucks. I don't know if I remember that, there are always minor hold ups for track clean up at famoso. The best one was when this lame, fake ss cobalt was spraying on his burn out and flooded his plastic intake manifold with nitrous. Can you say KABOOOM!! I laughed soo hard. The explosion actually popped his hood open. Dumb ***
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

i seen that on you tube. was it a white one? with a carbon fiber hood

Quick Reply: Spraying down exhaust?