TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

How much lift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need the 3" body that tire is 15.5" wide and when it gets turning you would rub. I have the same size and it needed the extra 3". If you have not got the lift yet though it may be worth looking in to a 9" or better. The part that suck about the body lift is the bumpers. The rear is the worst b/c of all the crap that get flung in to it, and locks the bolts on. Also my tires are on 10" wheel and seem to be fine. There are most likley more of a selection with a 10". Here is a few pics of mine: 7.5 super lift, ford keys, aal, 3inch body

Old 12-21-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Country Boy
The Pro Comp only gives a true 4 3/4 " for a 6" lift.
I didn't read the article, however you must be talking about the 5" Procomp knuckle kit. I was referring to the 6" Procomp full drop kit. I like the design of the Procomp in comparison to the Superlift
Old 12-21-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by 00Silverado
I didn't read the article, however you must be talking about the 5" Procomp knuckle kit. I was referring to the 6" Procomp full drop kit. I like the design of the Procomp in comparison to the Superlift
No.. claimed lift is 6" suspension.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by P.O.R.N.
You will need the 3" body that tire is 15.5" wide and when it gets turning you would rub. I have the same size and it needed the extra 3". If you have not got the lift yet though it may be worth looking in to a 9" or better. The part that suck about the body lift is the bumpers. The rear is the worst b/c of all the crap that get flung in to it, and locks the bolts on. Also my tires are on 10" wheel and seem to be fine. There are most likley more of a selection with a 10". Here is a few pics of mine: 7.5 super lift, ford keys, aal, 3inch body

Holy ****! Thats exactly the look I want! Got anymore pics?
Old 12-21-2006, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

P.O.R.N your truck looks bad a** I'm just not to fond of putting a body lift, that was my whole purpose of paying the extra bucks and getting a suspension lift. Thats way I went with ford keys and add-a-leaf, but I'll still have to do some fender trimming. I'll post some pic's up when I get my wheels and tires after Christmas or after I get my tax return. The only reason I'm going with 36x15.5x20 Michey Thompson MTZ is because I did some research and thats one of the longest and agressive tires for the money not to mention a little to no noise in the cab. I wish they made that tire in 35x13.5x20 but oh well I don't want to go with 18's I know they have it in that size.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

By the way do you have a font or back picture without the wheels turn I want to see how much the wheels stick out? And are the fender flare you have 2 inch wide? I am planning on putting in the bushwacker pocket fender, and I just want to get an idea how the truck is going to look. thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

P.O.R.N sorry so many qestions but how do you like the tire you have and are they lasting pretty long on the pavement?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Holy ****! Thats exactly the look I want! Got anymore pics?
All the pics I have avalible are in my sig @ cardomain

Originally Posted by ramair383ci
By the way do you have a font or back picture without the wheels turn I want to see how much the wheels stick out? And are the fender flare you have 2 inch wide? I am planning on putting in the bushwacker pocket fender, and I just want to get an idea how the truck is going to look. thanks
Not at the moment but I can get some in the next day or so, the fender flares I have are stock ones that I picked up for free. I think they are around 1.5" or so.

Originally Posted by ramair383ci
P.O.R.N sorry so many qestions but how do you like the tire you have and are they lasting pretty long on the pavement?
Hey no prob. I have posed my truck a few times here but know one has taken much intrest. The offroad depo is not look at on this site so much. I love my tires. I've run a hand full of tire and for what I do (mud,snow,road,and the best SAND) I have found they are the best. Not to much noise at all on the road untill around 100mph. After that with the window down they kind of screem. As for the wear, I am not easy on tires at all (Smokey burn outs ) and they hold up very well.
Hope this helps! Tim
Old 12-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by P.O.R.N.

this truck is VERY VERY VERY nice

great work dude
Old 12-22-2006, 06:59 AM

Whats an AAL? Im probably going to nail you with some Qs sine that exactly how I want my rig to look. Props to you.

Quick Reply: How much lift?