TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

dick cepek crushers, and mudd grapplers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dick cepek crushers, and mudd grapplers

im ready to buy a new set of MT's for my truck. looking for some agressive 35's.ive had several swampers beore, but im looking for something with a lil better ride quality, not worried about the noise. i like the the reviews of the mudd grapplers. i also like the dick cepeck crushers. anyone have any experience with either of these?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Mud graps just got put on my truck...balance out much much better than the toyos I had and actually ride better than the toyos too. Lil noisy but if you're not worried bout that then get em lol
Old 03-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Teching In

not sure about the crushers but i can speak from the experience from multiple friends having mud graps that they wear too fast for price and once they start wear you wont be able to hear yourself think from tire hum. just my .02

toyos are pricey but they last. my last set had close to 60,000 miles on them without regular rotation. once they get that many miles ride quality is affected, but i went through 1 set of toyos when my dad has gone through 2 sets of cooper STT on his new truck. also have not had one puncture even when 2 3in nails being pulled and a 4.5in long scissor blade being removed (every one either was bent back out by steel bands or stopped and grinded off by road). If you've got the money I'd invest. i did have trouble with alignment with these until I replaced worn idler/pitman arms. after that was able to let go of the steering wheel and truck would ride completely straight.

One of the best i've seen on and off road were the BFG Mud terrain KM1, not sure about new model(KM2). lasted long and pulled hard offroad. also another pricey tire, but you get what you pay for.

once again this is only my opinion as i or family/friends have owned all these tires