TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Bds

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BDS (big dick suspension) is a nice kit, my buddy installed a 6 incher on a 89 1/2 ton a while back and it took a good beating, never broke. I thuink that they are made in Wisconsin.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

if the original owner breaks somehting they replave it period
Old 02-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Is it a true 6 inch lift? Has anyone seen it on a silverado/sierra? I'm thinking of doing a 6 inch suspension lift with a 3 inch body, i have narrowed my choices down to BDS, fabtech, and pro comp. i have no idea what to do for body lift so any opinions would be great. (both on suspension and body).
Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

It's a knuckle lift, so like all other knuckle kits it drops the front diff. 4.5-5" to keep the factory front d-shaft (if you have Autotrac). The upper control arm stays in it's factory location and the longer knuckle drops the lower control arm down. A small amount of torsion bar adjustment brings it up to 6". Go to the BDS site and go to their Pride page and it will show lots of pics of GM FS trucks with their 6" kit and some with their 6" and 3" BL. Because it's a knuckle kit, you have to get rims with 4.5-5" of BS to clear the knuckle w/ larger tires.

The Fabtech is also a knuckle kit, so it works like the BDS. The Pro-Comp is a full-drop kit that uses brackets to drop all of the suspension mounting points 6" (including the front diff). You need a new front d-shaft if you have Autotrac. You can keep your factory wheels if you want.

For the BL, Performance Accessories is the brand most use, but IIRC, BDS makes them, too.

If I was in the market for a 6" lift, I'd do the Pro-Comp if I wanted full-drop kit and the Superlift FIT for a knuckle lift...the SL has a front "cradle" that incorporates the skidplate and brackets that eliminates the need for compression struts and it has nice air-impregnated lower droop stops (jouncers) that replace your factory ones and are adjustable so you get a nice ride. I've had a BDS (not on a FS), good quality stuff, but I just don't think it's comparable to the FIT kit, and they're very comparable in price. FWIW, go to GMFullsize.com or FullSizeChevy.com in the offroad forums to get more info along with lots of pictures...more offroaders on those sites.