TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Adding to my lift...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding to my lift...

I've got an '03 ecsb z71 sierra with a fabtech 6" lift and 35's now. Looking to to a 38x15.5x20. I've heard of guys doing this with a 3" bl, or going the route of all's and cranking their torsion bars, and stuffing 38's and even 39's. I'm not totally against some cutting while being able to keep a clean, tough look. If I had to do it over again I would get a bigger lift! What are you thoughts and suggestions? Thanks.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:18 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would consider cutout flares. Would look great with the right wheel/tire combo!

I'm just not a fan of body lifts.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Good point, I have the same feeling towards the bl's
Old 02-14-2010, 04:56 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've used them on 2 rigs, when I was in the same boat as you. Wanted bigger tires, without replacing the existing lift. It created unique issues on each vehicle. I don't think I'll ever try one again.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

this is my truck when it had a 6+3 and 38's. now it has a 12+3 and 41's. I've never understood why anybody has anything against body lifts if these pics don't convince you i will show you some videos of several different trucks mud bogging all of which are equipped with body lifts and have 0 problems.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

couldnt agree more...theres really nothing wrong with adding a body lift to an already lifted truck to get more clearance for bigger tires. its alot cheaper than replacing your entire suspension lift with something bigger and theyre easy to install. If your concerned about seeing too much of the frame rails just get a set of step bars, that solved all of my visual issues on my old truck. I also like the cutout fender flare idea...i had a set on my old truck so i could clear 35's with just a 3" body lift. With a 6" suspension lift, 3" body and a set of cutout flares you could fit 38's with ease and possibly squeeze 39-40's on there. Just be prepared to spend some money...the body lifts are inexpensive but those cutout flares are not cheap by any means...but they look damn good!

Old 02-14-2010, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zachm89
couldnt agree more...theres really nothing wrong with adding a body lift to an already lifted truck to get more clearance for bigger tires. its alot cheaper than replacing your entire suspension lift with something bigger and theyre easy to install. If your concerned about seeing too much of the frame rails just get a set of step bars, that solved all of my visual issues on my old truck. I also like the cutout fender flare idea...i had a set on my old truck so i could clear 35's with just a 3" body lift. With a 6" suspension lift, 3" body and a set of cutout flares you could fit 38's with ease and possibly squeeze 39-40's on there. Just be prepared to spend some money...the body lifts are inexpensive but those cutout flares are not cheap by any means...but they look damn good!

Body lifts will not affect your vehicle in any negative way. BL's allow you to get more clearence for tires there for with bigger tires you get more over all ground clearance all while not affecting the ride quality or CV angles of your truck. and sure by adding it to the truck it will be more top heavy but unless you plan on racing it around the nurburgring anytime soon that shouldnt be a problem.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Thanks a lot you guys!! You've given me some good ideas and options that I think I'll be pleased with. MUD..that is one sick truck buddy, it really answers any questions or fears I had about BL's. Thanks again fellas.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dentguy82
Thanks a lot you guys!! You've given me some good ideas and options that I think I'll be pleased with. MUD..that is one sick truck buddy, it really answers any questions or fears I had about BL's. Thanks again fellas.
no prob man glad to help. and thanx
Old 02-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Teching In

mudaholicZ71 I want mine to look as good as your truck. so far I got the 6" being installed next week and new 305x55x20 till I come up with the cash for the gear changes. I hope soon for my truck to look as bad *** as yours. An I have been constipating on a bl as well and I think you just answered my question. thanks

Quick Reply: Adding to my lift...