TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

1st month new truck curse!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st month new truck curse!

Well I searched through the show and shine and everyone seems to had at least 1 bad exsperince in the first month with there truck, I can now be added to that list , being a good samaritan the other night I saw a jeep that was stuck so I went to give him a tow ( NEVER USE CHAINS!!) anyways Im sure you guys know what happened next, the chain slipped off his jeep and came flying back and smashed my windshield completly, not only that the chain left about 2 dozen 1 inch scratches on my hood and about another 2 dozen on the top of my cab ( thank the big guy in the sky there was no dents), but as I said never ever use damn chains, so Im looking for something to get as much of these scratches out as I can.

sorry guys, my rants over, its just made me soooo mad, what makes it worse I didnt even get him out
Old 05-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude i know your pain, happend to my tailgate and bumper and rear window.They should out law chains big time.mine got dents but a tailgate is easier to replace than a hood or getting roof fixed.And i didnt get my guy i was trying to get out either.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

ohwell, Im getting over it now, 90% of the scratches are only in the clear coat. Them back bumpers on the NBS are junk, they cant take anything, mine didnt but I fixed it
Old 05-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Need More N2O Mod

chains are about the only thing you can still jerk on with out breaking. I have been told to put a decent size towl over the chain and if it was to slip or break it will weigh it down and keep it from flying up. but that sucks it got your truck.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

well, my problems dont compare to yours, but i put 3 little dents in my tail gate of my nnbs within the first 50 miles when i removed the chevy emblem ... by hand! , then at around 300 miles, i walked outside to find a 3in gash in the drivers front bumper cap(painted part), then later that same day, i caught a rock in the windshield that made a dime sized nick. then, after about 10mins. in home depot, it spread to a 20 in crack that dances up and down right in my plain of veiw.........now at 2000 miles, i realized the pass. front window switch dosent work!!!!

anyway, sorry to hear 'bout the chain.....goodluck!
Old 05-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Chains are the only thing that can take a jerk? my dads has some 20,000 lbs tow straps, coudl those take one? Ohwell I got some scratch remover which is makign the scratches alot less noticeable
Old 05-05-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

rodeo ropes work extremely well. My buddy just hooks 2 of those up to his truck and they're 6 for 6 in pull out opportunities.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no if you jerk on tow straps they will break and become bungee cords...
Old 05-05-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya but they dont leave story telling dents when they break or come loose. I would rather break a tow strap then a chain coming loose anyday.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

buy a real strap and it won't break unless you really try.

Quick Reply: 1st month new truck curse!