Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Which shop to use.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend in San Antonio will take care of you he is a retire army vet just like me. Since your a vet he will hook you up.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:51 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rudvirus
My friend in San Antonio will take care of you he is a retire army vet just like me. Since your a vet he will hook you up.
lol, absolutely nothing against military vets, but that statement alone is exactly why this thread is active. Giving certain people preferential treatment and shoving others to the back of the line.

Like I said, I'm a die hard thankful God fearing man (and most of the time law abiding), and have the utmost respect for those who have sacrificed the most for this country, but unless this is a "retired vets only shop" it is no better than what is being talked about here.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I can see by the way it sounded you would think that I worded it wrong. Yeah he is a retired vet as I am also. Him and me both used to work together at NTC.

His Facebook for his shop is Siller Automotive & Performance he is really good. He can do old school cars or trucks as well. Check out his reviews I just moved back to Texas and I don't care how long it takes for me to drive but I will take my stuff to him.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the deal guys. Neither myself or SWG Performance post much on the forums anymore just I'm constantly slammed with work, but I do visit every now and then to keep up with what's going on. I do feel the need to respond to this thread as it partially reflects negatively on my business. First and foremost, my dealings with the guy here that has the problem are not totally unfounded, however they are not the sole responsibility of one side either. It needs to be known that I have reached out to the guy in an attempt to make him him 100% happy, however he has declined and decided to just walk away from the deal. So at this point, everyone needs to understand that this issue is closed and not an ongoing problem. There is really nothing more to say about that.

In general and regardless of what business you may be in, it is only a matter of time until a dispute with a customer goes 100% completely unresolved. It is just the nature of doing business. Now more than ever, with all of the available social media outlets at anyone's disposal, the internet has become an incredibly powerful tool. While that tool can be used to create huge business success, that same tool can be used to destroy it. I'd say that 95% of the time this tool does its job connecting honest service/parts suppliers with consumers and on the flip side protecting consumers from deadbeat business owners.

That being said, thank you to my past and current loyal customers and welcome to any future business I may have.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:57 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Casey2323
Here's the deal guys. Neither myself or SWG Performance post much on the forums anymore just I'm constantly slammed with work, but I do visit every now and then to keep up with what's going on. I do feel the need to respond to this thread as it partially reflects negatively on my business. First and foremost, my dealings with the guy here that has the problem are not totally unfounded, however they are not the sole responsibility of one side either. It needs to be known that I have reached out to the guy in an attempt to make him him 100% happy, however he has declined and decided to just walk away from the deal. So at this point, everyone needs to understand that this issue is closed and not an ongoing problem. There is really nothing more to say about that.

In general and regardless of what business you may be in, it is only a matter of time until a dispute with a customer goes 100% completely unresolved. It is just the nature of doing business. Now more than ever, with all of the available social media outlets at anyone's disposal, the internet has become an incredibly powerful tool. While that tool can be used to create huge business success, that same tool can be used to destroy it. I'd say that 95% of the time this tool does its job connecting honest service/parts suppliers with consumers and on the flip side protecting consumers from deadbeat business owners.

That being said, thank you to my past and current loyal customers and welcome to any future business I may have.
Solid post and all so true. At this point a mod should just lock it up. I don't mean lock it up because either side is right or wrong, but lock it up because any future dealings between these two "parties" as you put it, should be kept between you two. The peanut gallery (including me) at this point will just fuel a non-existent fire (solving absolutely nothing). Sounds like both sides have expressed their positions in the matter and it is now up to them on how things move forward. Enough information has been exposed here for all innocent bystanders to make decisions for themselves.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:53 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

I like to think there are always 3 sides to every story: his side, the other guy's side, and then the truth which is usually somewhere in the middle. It is true that in business eventually you will engage with someone that will never be happy to matter what. Casey said he has attempted to make OP happy now, but that is now, and does not excuse the last 4 years. To be honest, if someone dicked me around for that long I would tell them to take a hike as well.

This isn't my fight, but I think OP is at least owed an explanation as to the excessive timeline and still incomplete project and would like this thread to stay open until that happens. I don't know what timeline was originally agreed upon, but I think both sides agree that the current one is out of hand. If it was a money issue, then that should have been brought up (OP says it never was, but he might be lying). If Casey just didn't want to do the project, he should have just cut it loose.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:57 AM

I don't know who closing the thread helps, him or potential customers, but me taking my TBSS back to have him complete it and making it 100% right just doesn't even sound logical. Making it right would have been completing it 3 years ago. Taking it back is akin to finding out Michael Jackson molested your little kid but then leting your kid go back to Neverland Ranch because Michael Jackson said it won't happen again.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:06 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by kfddakota
I don't know who closing the thread helps, him or potential customers, but me taking my TBSS back to have him complete it and making it 100% right just doesn't even sound logical. Making it right would have been completing it 3 years ago. Taking it back is akin to finding out Michael Jackson molested your little kid but then leting your kid go back to Neverland Ranch because Michael Jackson said it won't happen again.
I get it dude, trust me, I really get it. It's a fucked deal, but the biggest thing you and everyone else on here keeps talking about is how long it took to get your stuff back. I went back and re-read the original post, is it right that you took the truck to him and then left the country for at least 2 years? Then when you got back you lived just up the road, close enough that you actually drove by there nearly everyday?

Unless casey stole a **** load of money from you, the 2 years storage fee alone makes any monetary issues non-existent.

52 months minus 24 months is roughly 18 months. So driving by and seeing your **** neglected for near on a year and a half and you didn't go get it? That in no way clears SWG from any wrong doing in itself, but pretty much sums up your commitment to the deal also........zero.

I'm not taking either side at the moment. Typically I place a ton more responsibility of the shop, but your neglect in the matter just makes this whole thing stink to high heaven.........and I really like to lean toward the consumer side of business deals. I feel your pain on the timeline. My engine builder is very good and worth every penny he charges, but damned if it isn't like a prison sentence every time you need a motor built.

You've made up your mind that you're not going to give Casey/SWG an opportunity to make it right in your eyes, but just out of curiosity.......what exactly would be your demands at this point?
Old 08-18-2016, 06:23 AM

Actually I blew the engine when I was home on leave from Afghanistan in April 2012, and spent 2 more years there after I towed the truck over to Casey's place. I also came home during the month of August 2012, October 2012, July 2013, and November 2013 before I finally came home for good in May 2014. I told Casey that I also had family that live in the same city as his shop that can pick up the Trailblazer anytime the work was completed and that they could pay him. In your response to the storage fees, I already had a storage unit I was renting in Temple to store my vehicles in when I was gone, or even then, I could keep my vehicles in the garage of the house I was living in at the time. Why both? Because it was easier to keep my vehicles in the storage building so my parents could pick me up from the storage building on the way to the airport instead of driving all the way to my house to pick me up. Plus, I have never had to take any of my vehicles to a shop to diagnose a problem and then tow it back to my house while they waited to get all the parts in stock needed to perform a job, and then tow it back to them. I've had a lot of work done in the past 10 years on my vehicles and have never had to do that. And to say that I was never involved in the completion of this job is ludicrous. I could email you all 62 pages of Facebook messages and 21 pages of text messages and those don't lie about how involved I was with this thing. It is not my job to micromanage someone's business to make sure they are doing their job, and if it is, then they have a bad business model to begin with. There is no reason I should have to call a shop everyday just to inquire about the status of a vehicle, or if they are even doing work on it. At some point if they are telling me that it is almost finished, or that they are working on it, I should be able to trust them, shouldn't I? Not that it matters, but this is a 2006 Trailblazer SS 3 LT with only 16,000 miles on it and with over 17 grand in modifications done to it before I even blew the engine. This is definitely not some project that I went into not fully committed. Now, what would I like to make it right? How about fixing the body damage that was incurred while waiting for it to be completed. I don't think that is much to ask for, but at the same time, it is something that never should have happened in the first place. The body damage, interior damage, and wheel damage was just uncalled for.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:23 AM

Actually I blew the engine when I was home on leave from Afghanistan in April 2012, and spent 2 more years there after I towed the truck over to Casey's place. I also came home during the month of August 2012, October 2012, July 2013, and November 2013 before I finally came home for good in May 2014. I told Casey that I also had family that live in the same city as his shop that can pick up the Trailblazer anytime the work was completed and that they could pay him.

Quick Reply: Which shop to use.