PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Texas (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/texas-193/)
-   -   New Proposed Texas Tint Law... (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/texas-193/new-proposed-texas-tint-law-437748/)

Fallen.One05 03-24-2009 05:20 PM

New Proposed Texas Tint Law...

:mad:

Got the following in an email today... and figured i'd pass it on...

As of March 23, 2009, it was brought to our attention that the Texas Senate passed a bill (S B 589) that in effect would limit tinting the side windows of vehicles from a total of 25% visible light transmission to 35%. A bill has been authored by Larry Phillips in the House of Representatives H. B. 4523 that would do the same thing.

What this means to the end consumer (you and I) is that no longer will it be allowed to apply a 35% VLT film on the side windows of your vehicles. It would have to change to a 50% VLT film to meet the new requirements. The current law states that after the film is applied it can not read below 25% VLT on all side doors with a reflectance of no more than 25%, this law is fair and equitable. The problem is the !llegal use of 20% film or lower applied to side window and not the legal use of 35%.

Most of us enjoy the comfort and privacy the 35% VLT film has as well as the benefits it provides. Those benefits being the reduction of heat, glare and UV rays along with the fact that the film also makes our vehicles more efficient by having to use less A/C. If this bill is passed to law, these benefits will be greatly reduced. We are very much in favor of stricter enforcement of the current law but the change, as proposed will have a major economic impact on the State of Texas and not allow its citizens the privacy and comfort we currently have.

With crime on the rise I for one do not want the criminals to be able to see clearly if I am alone in the vehicle or that I may have something of value on back seat or floor board. Nor do I wish to give up the comfort of the already legal film applied to my vehicle. I’m sure most of you will agree that you do not wish for these thugs to know that your wife, girlfriend, daughter, or son is traveling alone to the local mall or other facility.

I am asking that each of you please forward this to as many people as you can in our great State and let them know this is going on. If you are compelled (and I hope you are) to contact your local Representative about this matter and voice opinion I will be more than happy to get your Representatives name and number for you to do so.

Thank each of you very much for your time in this matter. Together we can make a difference!

See the below link for further information / the actual bill / who to contact / etc…

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51200

00ChevyScott 03-24-2009 05:27 PM

I sure do love how we continue to let these people take away our rights....

America is turning into a peice of shit (no I'm not pissed off about the tint law), its just the principle of the thing. Theres always gotta be some new law that is suppose to make us "better off". Just like the anti-gun laws which are total bullshit.

mcfarlnd 03-24-2009 05:32 PM

so are they going to make us remove the tint we have now?

DoubleDuece 03-24-2009 06:31 PM

Tint

I had double limo on mine was about 2%. State trooper pulled my sister over in my truck. Pulled out his gun immediately and yelled at her to exit the vehicle. Said he pulled her over because he didnt know who was in the truck couldnt see cause the window were too dark. Gave her a $185 ticket. So had to get it taken off and show reciept. Now I have 25 in the front and limo on the back an eyebrow, but its just not the same. I dont want people to see in my vehicle. As for taking it off. I dont think they will do that. They only use tint as a BS excuse to pull you over and search the vehicle. I ve been searched 3 times in 2 different trucks because out here apparently if your truck is nice with rims you sale drugs. I say fukem all.

texasbullseye89 03-24-2009 06:38 PM

I've heard about this. Don't know what all is going to happen with those that already have 35% or less tint. I do vehicle inspections. so as soon as its effective Ill let yall know.

built408 03-24-2009 06:47 PM

that sucks

fastrt 03-24-2009 09:14 PM

state poopers are the only ones that give a damn. city cops would care less. I need to get mine done soon, before such a law is in effect.

m3srt 03-24-2009 10:19 PM

all the cops immy area have fuckin LIMO tint on all their cars and even the front windshield is tinted slightly

SSlammed03 03-24-2009 10:48 PM

yeah most soho cops have tinted windows... i wanna tint my front one just a lil but i dunno if i shoulld

Lc2SFIv6 03-24-2009 11:21 PM

Who cares about that bullshit law... been getting all my cars and trucks tinted with 5% all over and my trunk now has the entire windshield done with 20%

Its my truck.. I will tint it as dark as I want... Hell with Houston and to hell with the LAW!

Good friend of mine has been tinted my cars for about 16 years now.. He has a shop in Katy... He's not worried...