Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Dfw guys? who was dumb enough to drive to work today

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already told my boss, that if its snowing here Friday morning, I wouldn't be coming in. I have to cross the ship channel bridge and had to do that **** last year in the snow going home from work. Was not fun, luckily I was literally right behind the truck laying down the de-icing solution.

I don't envy you guys, that weather up there is horrible.

Cody, what type of truck is it? If its a newer chevy, I know the tire pressure light will show up, if the tire loses 5 lbs of air pressure, so you may be alright.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

hmm... it got all the way down to 40* with some cold wind and a little rain here in Pensacola.

makes me wish i had an excuse to use my 4x4
Old 02-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Well i had to goto work today. I had people flying last night i braved the roads. There were a few butthole puckering moments to say the least. LQ9 + 3200 TC + 4.10s is definitely not a good ice/snow combo. But the new hankooks did surprisingly well
You sissys that can't drive.. I drive mine in the snow all the time.. Jeeeze
Old 02-02-2011, 05:25 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Eh, I went ahead and called out for tonights shift. I talked to my insurance and crashing into anything besides an animal, my truck is not covered, even if it is sliding on ice.

The lady even answered the phone "Hello, blah blah blah, yes were working tonight, how can I help you?"

Looks like Ill be on PT, S10Forum, and Xbox all night.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

4x4 FTW plus drifting in 4 hi is the ****
Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
Eh, I went ahead and called out for tonights shift. I talked to my insurance and crashing into anything besides an animal, my truck is not covered, even if it is sliding on ice.

The lady even answered the phone "Hello, blah blah blah, yes were working tonight, how can I help you?"

what kind of shitty *** insurance is that?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

I rode in to work with a co-worker today who has 4wd. Took us over an hour to get about 8 miles. Solid sheet of rain that froze under all the snow and sleet. I have never seen so much ice or such road conditions. Numerous semi trucks in ditches or jack knifed in the roadways. Hopefully it will start to melt some on friday. I am planning on just taking vacation for the next two days and staying in...
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

i went out playing in it yesterday and came across a sheriff tank driving around. well lets just say after i got in front of him all i could see behind me was white. glad my tag number was covered up with snow. gotta love 4wd. but not working sucks
Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by L33Z71
I already told my boss, that if its snowing here Friday morning, I wouldn't be coming in. I have to cross the ship channel bridge and had to do that **** last year in the snow going home from work. Was not fun, luckily I was literally right behind the truck laying down the de-icing solution.

I don't envy you guys, that weather up there is horrible.

Cody, what type of truck is it? If its a newer chevy, I know the tire pressure light will show up, if the tire loses 5 lbs of air pressure, so you may be alright.
08 F150, I checked the tire pressure and it was down to 12#s I pumped it back up with my air compressor hopefully it will get me to the office in the morning to swap it out for another truck. I llet it be someone elses problem
Originally Posted by A Low Dime

What kind of insurance do you have? Ive read of some people saying their insurance wont cover a wreck if the roads are iced over.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went to redbox to give back a film before 9 pm got stuck at the corner of my house then some guy showed up with a 1970s old jeep pickup truck 4x4 with like 40 inch tall tires and a redneck flag and dale earnhardt glasses and pulled my truck to safety lol

Quick Reply: Dfw guys? who was dumb enough to drive to work today