Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Beware: Distinct Fabrications out of Mckinney, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

Allstate called, to take down some info, but they still have yet to talk with the guy at fault so they can send payment to USAA. Today makes a week.

Last edited by texasglock23; 08-07-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be honest I would see if allstate would cut you a check and you go find a used white OEM fender and slap on there. I have no faith in shops, I would not want that pulled out and fixed. I would want new OEM sheet metal. Sorry for your BS situation. It seems it is never the shops fault. My buddy took his new at the time SS maro to have the oil changed and the stooges at the shop lifted the car in the wrong spot and buckled the front fender, and damn if they didn't try to tell my buddy that it was like that The driver door wouldn't even open. Shops (most of them) are a group of clowns. Given there is some good ones left. Hope you get it all squared away.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, they aren't fixing that fender at all. And at this point, I'm not ******* around anymore. I need/want my truck back. They can put on any keystone part that they want, as long as it lines up correctly. If it isn't to my liking, they can redo it. Allstate is paying me anything, as it will be more likely that USAA has to go after the driver since he hasn't responded back to their numerous messages, nor my text message asking him to contact them. USAA has been trying to reach them since last week. Allstate, well, I can't comment on when they started, but today a rep told me they left him several voicemails.

and thanks man!

Last edited by texasglock23; 08-07-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 62nalide
X2^^^^^ dude is a humble down to earth guy reading this makes me think whats the whole story behind it but hope the OP works it out
I'm humble and down to earth, can I barrow your truck and promise to do custom work and not do it, in the mean time take your truck to a demo derby?

Not saying the guy hasn't done good work in the past, people fall on hard times. But there is no excuse for this unless his entire immediate family died.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, nice or not, still no refund. And as of yesterday, no one has been named "at fault".

I want to reiterate, do NOT use this guy.

Friday evening he said he had my money, 4 hours after he was supposed to meet me. This after he said he would on Wednesday. I guess this is a life lesson learned. I doubt I will ever see my money.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks like he fucked someone else over too

Just got started

Of course my arms didn't show up again today. Second time he has said he sent them and they got lost, neither time has he been able to find the tracking #. Luckily Paypal has already taken the money from his account and is waiting on me to send the random **** he sent back, then they will put it back in my account.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Swell... sorry to hear man i understand completely. When i went to iraq i was paying a local shop to build me a turn key lq4 turbo setup in my mustang. Sending me tons of pics well 13 months later and 8500$a later i come home only to find my car wasnt touched. After six months of court i was awarded 14500$ at 200$the a month. So one way or another theres a way to get the money back. Just takes forever
Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah. That sucks...glad mine wasn't that bad.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Launching!

USAA will hook you up.

Just be glad you have them. They are awesome
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Truck is almost done, they are working on the tailgate now, which in the beginning they weren't going to fix...for whatever reason.

No one has taken fault still. USAA is trying to get their case together to go further. Still no refund on my "truck that didn't make the cut", whatever the **** that is supposed to mean.

I hope the Yukon owner doesn't have this much trouble...

Quick Reply: Beware: Distinct Fabrications out of Mckinney, Texas