Texas We've Seceded from the Union

ArkLaTex Tuners!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ArkLaTex Tuners!

Looking for a great tuner within driving distance of couple hours at most. Live in East texas and found True Street Motorsports in McKinney if anyone has had experience with them. Other option will be Nelson's mail order tune. All the other good tuners need data logs and remote tuning. Would perform live tune for best drive ability.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a guy named Cameron Howell that used to work for ETFI in Longview that just opened up another shop with his brother after splitting with ETFI that does LS tuning. the new shop is Longview Diesel Performance, but Cameron still does LS stuff as well. He's tuned a few peoples vettes that I know and they've all been happy with it so far. One guy is running a BTR stage 4 in a c5 vette with just cam, exhaust and tune and it runs pretty damn well and actually drives good despite that big of a cam in a 5.7.

Other than that, you've got Stephen @ East Texas Muscle Cars who does ALOT of LS cars and trucks in the area and from out of town. Theyre always busy so be prepared to have a bit of a wait with them.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would avoid true street. They've probably messed up more engines due to ragged edge tunes than any known shop in dfw.

Jeremy Clark at LSX unlimited is in Alvarado a bit south of Ft Worrh. Another reputable tuner is James Karger in Haslet.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long could one drive on a stock tune before or if anything could damage the engine. I have around 130 miles on my motor swap now with no check engine light, only stall when hot at times, and tech2 showing no knock and fuel trims running about +3. i have no did any full throttle runs, just normal gram pa driving .