STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

NNBS LED dash light swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NNBS LED dash light swap

Has anybody done a full slt interior with leds yet? I HATE the aqua green in my denali and really wanna do all white LEDs like my SS is. Ive seen a few clusters done, and maybe 1 or 2 full interior swaps so far, but not a whole lot of information on the 07-13 swap right now.
thanks

Last edited by jroctpb; 11-02-2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling fix
Old 11-03-2015, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

bump.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm wanting to do the same thing.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

If I remember, the LED's are soldered in. Not super complicated but time consuming. US Speedo sells the full LED kits
Old 11-04-2015, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

I have emailed a few places about getting it done, so far only one reply and he will only do the cluster. So I will wait and see if some one else will do a full swap, if not I may try and do it myself. Ive done 3 full swaps in gmt 800s before but from what ive heard the new circuit boards are alot more sensitive I guess I will start with a headlight switch or window switch something cheaper to replace if I mess it up.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jroctpb
I have emailed a few places about getting it done, so far only one reply and he will only do the cluster. So I will wait and see if some one else will do a full swap, if not I may try and do it myself. Ive done 3 full swaps in gmt 800s before but from what ive heard the new circuit boards are alot more sensitive I guess I will start with a headlight switch or window switch something cheaper to replace if I mess it up.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links from other sites but this is what you're looking for http://www.silveradosierra.com/interior/gmt-900-nnbs-cluster-red-backlighting-conversion-project-t16060.html
Old 12-16-2015, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2WDinSnow
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links from other sites but this is what you're looking for SilveradoSierra.com ? GMT-900 NNBS Cluster Red Backlighting Conversion Project : Interior

Wow thank you! dont know how ive missed that with all my searching
Old 12-16-2015, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Just a bit of an update I finally took some time to take some parts out and see inside, and i am way overwhelmed nothing like the gmt 800s im used to. The 900's are far more complicated, this is something I will not attempt as a "DIY". Still im not giving up I really really want to change them I still cant seem to find a company that will do it. I want this done so bad I would be willing to pay big bucks if I could find a place.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:48 AM
Banned

Well there's a guy on the Colorado forums that offers a LED service for those cluster's, they work similarly you could message him and he might take it on but I'd expect it would cost a lot.

Unrelated PM sent
Old 12-17-2015, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2WDinSnow
Well there's a guy on the Colorado forums that offers a LED service for those cluster's, they work similarly you could message him and he might take it on but I'd expect it would cost a lot.

Unrelated PM sent
Pm replied, I am going to send a pm to the guy on the first link you sent I will try the colorado forums too. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: NNBS LED dash light swap