STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Holley Digital Dash

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Holley Digital Dash

Is anyone using one of these dashes?
I'm considering buying the 12 inch version, but would like some real user talks about it. not just some YouTube videos.

thanks
Old 01-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I might know who snapped this pic of Pro 6.86" dash: https://atomicfabandperformance.com/...-efi-pro-dash/

I think the 12" would fit horizontally as it's essentially 3" wider (2.938) on each side according to measurements on Holley's spec (7.5625 width for the 6.86 and 13.44 for the 12.3". However where you may have to get creative is vertical placement as it is 2.41" taller than the 6.86 dash and as you can see from the pic another 2.5" from where mine is mounted would put you well into the bezel. Which would honestly be just some trimming and nothing more.

I'd try to get ya some better measurements but I think my poor truck is snowed/iced in at it's winter den as we just had a crazy ice storm a couple days ago.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:29 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

The big one doesnt fit well without a lot of trimming of the surrounding plastic
Old 01-05-2021, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ALL ULL C
I might know who snapped this pic of Pro 6.86" dash: https://atomicfabandperformance.com/...-efi-pro-dash/
….
Originally Posted by Atomic
The big one doesnt fit well without a lot of trimming of the surrounding plastic

To me that first picture the 6.86 looks way too small in there. I know it’s a great unit, but that would bug the crap out of me if that was my vehicle.

Also, for clarification, I’m interested in how well the display actually works in a daily driven vehicle. I’ve seen videos and in the videos it looks as if the sun gets in the way, it reflects and you can’t see the display very well. I am also concerned, about longevity in Arizona 120 degree outside weather..with windows up it gets over 140 inside very quickly.

This is for a custom install, so height/width doesn’t matter, although the squareness of the actual display is almost a no go for this particular build, but, the customizable display and ability to use the switch feature is a plus, which I can lean towards the usage, but still up in the air.

$1800 bucks for a display that might or might not work is a bit hard of a sell to the customer at this point. The vehicle is using a 0411 and custom harness, but customer wants to add turbo, and I'm trying to sway to using the terminator max (with trans control) and the Holley dash, but now were $3500 bucks with install..

​​​​​​​.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:47 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

this is the big one
Old 01-06-2021, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I have zero issues with the display as far as visibility and see all information, the Pro 6.86 is much better resolution wise than the standard plus has the I/O with it. Believe me I thought about the 12.3" as well, but took a chance on the 6.86 Pro and ended up very happy with it. There are like 10 preset configurations which a couple I've used for just driving around but will get into the customized ones in the spring as I have some I/O to use on the dash. I've only had mine up and running a month so can't give ya true feedback.

I'll add that my windows are tinted which would help with glare, but if you are out in AZ I'd think your crazy if yours are not with that kind of heat.

Originally Posted by IIGW
To me that first picture the 6.86 looks way too small in there. I know it’s a great unit, but that would bug the crap out of me if that was my vehicle.

Also, for clarification, I’m interested in how well the display actually works in a daily driven vehicle. I’ve seen videos and in the videos it looks as if the sun gets in the way, it reflects and you can’t see the display very well. I am also concerned, about longevity in Arizona 120 degree outside weather..with windows up it gets over 140 inside very quickly.

This is for a custom install, so height/width doesn’t matter, although the squareness of the actual display is almost a no go for this particular build, but, the customizable display and ability to use the switch feature is a plus, which I can lean towards the usage, but still up in the air.

$1800 bucks for a display that might or might not work is a bit hard of a sell to the customer at this point. The vehicle is using a 0411 and custom harness, but customer wants to add turbo, and I'm trying to sway to using the terminator max (with trans control) and the Holley dash, but now were $3500 bucks with install..

Old 01-07-2021, 04:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ALL ULL C
I have zero issues with the display ...... my windows are tinted which would help with glare, but if you are out in AZ I'd think your crazy if yours are not with that kind of heat.
yessir, limo all the way around and entire front windshield %45. I dont like people looking in my vehicles, and i gladly pay the ticket if i get stopped. which has only happened 2 times since about 1993