STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Factory Head Unit With Sub Pre-Outs in a 2010??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Head Unit With Sub Pre-Outs in a 2010??

I have a 2010 CCSB SLE with the 8 way premium speaker package (not bose).

Someone told me that factory head units now come with RCA PreOuts for hooking up aftermarket Subwoofers.

I am doing all of my shopping and planning now to put a sub or two under the rear seat (Two 8" DD's or One 10" 9500 Series DD (Digital Design)) and do not want to have to take the dash apart just to check unless I really have to.

I've also heard that there is a remote wire for the amp now as well.... Can anyone shed some light on if this is truth or fiction???

Does the factory head unit really have RCA Low Pass Pre-Outs for Subwoofer Hookups???

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

call me a skeptic but i doubt it. i'd pull off the dash bezel just to be sure.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tdub_23
I have a 2010 CCSB SLE with the 8 way premium speaker package (not bose).

Someone told me that factory head units now come with RCA PreOuts for hooking up aftermarket Subwoofers.

I am doing all of my shopping and planning now to put a sub or two under the rear seat (Two 8" DD's or One 10" 9500 Series DD (Digital Design)) and do not want to have to take the dash apart just to check unless I really have to.

I've also heard that there is a remote wire for the amp now as well.... Can anyone shed some light on if this is truth or fiction???

Does the factory head unit really have RCA Low Pass Pre-Outs for Subwoofer Hookups???

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

I believe that comes with the 2011's. If i'm not mistaken
Old 06-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Im not saying i know everything about every car, but i have worked at best buy doing installs for a while now and have to see or hear of any factory head unit having sub pre outs.

The good news- Its not hard to do a line out by yourself, reading the instructions will most definately get the job done and they are pretty inexpensive and let you keep that factory look while still allowing for some bass.

The bad news- If you did want to do an aftermarket deck your wiring harness is closer to 100 bucks, unless you go with a switched harness that will allow everything to work, but you will lose your door chimes, that particular harness is closer to 20 dollars and not many audio places will sell you one unless they install it.