STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

6K stereo system nightmare update!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 02:12 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 6K stereo system nightmare update!

Well, you'd think I would be done by now huh......here's the full story if you want a long read and for the newer members.......to get back up to speed just read the last 2 pages

http://www.elitecaraudio.com/forums/...4&pagenumber=1

I'm meeting with the owner on Monday, if we can not agree then I guess its lawyer time.

WARNING

The name of this shop in SoCal is VIP in Carlsbad, (Vehicle Integrated Products).

I would not recommend them to do anything for any reason

enjoy the read
Old 08-27-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You gotta register to see that thread
Old 08-27-2004, 02:53 PM
what a rush!

Current Status as follows:

Met with manager to go over all damaged interior pcs.
He agreed to replace most items and refinish some, ok by me.

But now again, its been 5 weeks(maybe 6) since that took place. They have called me exactly Zero times. I went in on week two a little pissed at no feedback, the manager told me it was because "He didn't have time to babysit customers" and that since they didn't know what my expectations were they could not satisfy them. I told him 1 phone call a week for a status update was what I expected, he agreed, then never called, not even 1 time.
Of course everytime I call, he says, "I was just about to call you", uh huh, right.

they seem to do just about enough to keep themselves out of court, but not enough to fix whats broken.

Apparently, this week I'm supposed to drop off my truck for them to fix the stereo issues, but again, three installers just quit according to the manager, how fortunate for me, right.

No paint work has been done either.

Maybe this week I'll have a little more info, and thanks for asking...

FYI, the name of the stereo shop is VIP in Carlsbad, Vehicle Integrated Products, I would never think to recommend this shop to anyone for anything.

I mentioned that this nightmare might affect their reputation. They told me that it would not and that "they don't care that I wouldn't recommend their shop" and "that their reputation would not suffer" "they still serve mostly high end customers"...........these guys are some real ******.

over and out

today's update #2

I just got off the phone with the owner.

He told me that he knew of the problem, but not in details, and that he wants to meet with me personally Monday at 800 am to go over everything, and he will have a rental car waiting for me, and personally manage the situation from here on out.

I agreed, I am going to prewrite my complaints to the state liscensing board, BBB, and CA State Consumers Affairs board in the event this goes like I think it will.

I will be shopping for a consumer law lawyer after that.

Don't worry, I will not agree to any form of arbitration before I talk with a lawyer,

anymore advices, fire away.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damm that sucks.. I would still seek compensation for the inconvinience this braught you.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:03 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Damm that sucks.. I would still seek compensation for the inconvinience this braught you.
we will see what the owner says on Monday, although I'm not expecting much, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:36 PM
what a rush!

here are some pics, 3 of some paint damage they gifted me , 1 of the epoxy holding in my window controls after they broke it, and 1 of a wood screw used to secure panel because they broke mounting tab off.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, this has been going on for a while now. From personal experience I know how long drawn out problems like this can make you feel. I'd almost be afraid to leave the truck with them again. Make sure you go over it good when you get it back to make sure they didn't do anything else to it.

Keep us posted on how it goes with the owner.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:17 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I'd almost be afraid to leave the truck with them again
ding ding ding ding, that's a big affirmative
Old 08-31-2004, 11:11 PM
what a rush!

OK, here's the deal. Met with the owner of VIP yesterday morning. We talked for about 1 1/2 hrs. He was apologetic and agreed to fix everything, only he would personally oversee the fixes vice letting the other two guys I was dealing with handle things. What can I say, I liked the guy, seemed sincere enough and concerned, no way to really know for sure though until it's done.
He offered me a rental car while my truck was getting repaired, which is appropriate considering the circumstances, IMO. Also apologized for the way I was treated by his two employees.
SO, nothing outside of what should have happen happened.
Still, when I dropped the truck off today I didn't feel completely confident that things would/will turn out correct, even though the owner spent another 1 1/2 hours going over details and protocal this time around.
He assured me that his most meticulous guy would be working on it, no one else.
We went over a timeline of events to happen and he assured me that any question that came up, he would call me for guidence, vice taking the liberty of assumption.
So, based on my current situation, NO TIME FOR ****, and the fact that I am literally sick to death over this, I decided to give the owner a chance.

How do I feel about it now? nervous, anxious, wondering if I made the correct choice. I hope I'm not just some huge sucker, and the owner is a man of his word. I'm trying to be positive, but as they say, history is the best indicator of the future............thoughts?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You turned it over, so turn it over. They have your truck. Let them do their thing one more time. If it doesn't turn out the way you need it to, worry about it at that time. Until then.......

Quick Reply: 6K stereo system nightmare update!