Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Thunder Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well we finally got the head gaskets. still no word on the cam though...

i called them yet another time yesterday and he said he was updating the database or something liek that and he would give me a call back ASAP... still waiting on that call. were fed up so when they open at 930 today im either getting a tracking number or refund...
Old 10-25-2012, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

I ordered my wideband and gauge pod from them and it was an act of congress to get the pod here
Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Only reason wideband came in good time is because it was drop shipped from innovate!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

ok, not really... but we still dont have a cam or any answers or a refund like i asked for

and the phuckhead that i have been talking to was bold enough to hang up on me after i asked him to have "the boss lady", as he put, it call me. real good business ethics to hang up on customer huh?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have your cc charge it back.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Already done!

I'm still waiting to have a nice conversation with his boss tho!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:46 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

That's just sickening... Well After reading this I know for sure that I will never order parts from them!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad I can save at least one person the headache and keep at least you're money out of those crooks hands!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
yes, greg at eps waits until he has a good amount of cams to order all at once. i specifically asked pat g to spec my cam on any lobe besides EPS because i think waiting a month for a cam is stupid. tons of guys are willing to wait, but he lost my business on that fact alone.
No, Geoff at EPS does not wait until he has a good amount of cams to order. I personally know Geoff, but I will speak for myself here and not on his behalf. I know for a fact at times it takes longer then expected to get cams cut from Comp, but Geoff does send in the order to them one at a time. He gets no discount whatsoever for ordering in bulk. Comp's prices are based on a tier system, and at the end of each year, they look and your overall sales with them and base your prices off of those numbers. He pays the same amount per cam if he orders 1 or 100 at a time. The thing that people forget is that Geoff is only one guy, and he doesnt stock any cams. Each cam done by Geoff is custom to each persons vehicle and specs. In my opinion, Id rather wait a few days longer to get a cam cut specifically for my truck, then to get one that somebody had sitting on a shelf and they need to make a sale that day.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did something happen at Thunder Racing. Ive ordered in the past with them with great success. Very good people in my opinion. Maybe its a problem with Comp Cams? Maybe not. Somewhere down the line there was a communication issue. However, the lack of customer services and management skills is depressing considering it used to be a great place to order from.

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing...