Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Wonder what my truck is worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wonder what my truck is worth?

The truck going down has really got me up in the air on what I want for the future. I'm sitting here trying to decide if I want to hold on to it, knowing that if its going to be driven hard, it will probably go down again sometime. It went exactly one year before the first major breakdown(or I guess its major). Here's my options....

1. Keep the truck, dump the 4l60e, and go with a more worthy tranny....4l80e, 400, etc. Next year yank the motor and build it to the 408, and finish it off with a turbo kit of some sort. From then on make it a weekend warrior only.

2. Keep the truck, and while its down, do some of the interior work I've been wanting to do(rollcage, sand and paint all interior,etc), and then put it under a cover until I can do everything(motor, tranny, turbo) at one time sometime next year. This would be the hardest thing to do, because I hate watching my truck sit in the shop.

3. Go the cheapest route on a tranny(stock 4l60e with a shift kit), get it in, and sell the truck. Get as much as I think I can for it, use that money plus a small loan and get a nice fbody that would run similar times, but be slightly more reliable. I'm leaning toward a 97+ corvette, since I've always had a thing for them. There was a nice 99 supercharged vette on tech for 23,000. I could definately handle something like that.

I wonder what my truck would be worth if I did try to get rid of it?

Here's what I have and what's been done.
1999 pewter scsb silverado stepside

Mods include.....

Exterior
1. Goodmark cowl hood
2. escalade handles and painted tailgate handle
3. Tahoe grill/painted bumper cap/painted hd airdam
4. APC rollpan
5. Carbon fiber rear lenses
6. Trenz billet step plates
7. 3/4 drop
8.clear corners
9. painted sport mirrors
10. billet anten. and trenz brake light cover
11. currently Boyd Coddington Timeless 6 17s and also have a set of 20" SS wheels

Interior
1. Summit racing seats
2. 4 point harnesses
3. two gauge pod with air/fuel and tranny temp gauge
4. steering pod with digital tach
5. Flip down 7.5 audiobahn tv
6. Panasonic indash cd/dvd player
7. audiobahn door speakers/4x6s/another pair of audiobahn tweets
8. Clarion 4 ch amp
9. flame gauges with chrome bezel

Performance
1. 02 6.0L LQ4
2. TR224 cam
3. Ported/polished 6.0L heads with Comp 918 springs
4. Thorley LTs with two cutouts going into a magnaflow xpipe and two magnaflow mufflers
5. LT1 electric fans with Nelson harness
6. Eaton posi with 3.73 gears
7. Currently a Team Tripp Super Duty 4l60e with TCI 3000 converter(don't know which one is the problem just yet)
8.Airaid intake with MIT and TB spacer
9. Nelson tune
10. NX EFI wet shot with pewter painted bottle, msd window switch, and zex bottle heater

Probably several more things that I'm forgetting about. Anybody have a clue what I might could get for this thing? I'm trying to decide what to do with the damn thing, so maybe some of you guys could give me some suggestions.

Bottom line......KEEP IT OR GET AN FBODY?????
Old 10-16-2005, 06:40 PM
I Like Gold!!!

if your truck is paid for then get an f body. Im guessin maybe about $13k or less. but i dont know man. good luck with what ever you do.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way I see it, your either a truck guy or a car guy. Myself, i'm a truck guy. I wont ever be as fast as a good modded f-body, but then again I'm not trying to be the fastest anyway. To me a fullsize truck that can run 11's or 12's is pretty damn cool. If you have the money and know how to make it faster than thats even better. My long term goal for my truck is to get it paid for, so it can be nothing but a toy and project. Once its paid off I plan to get somthing cheap and reliable for an everyday ride, then the truck can stay in the garage and I can work on it as I like. It does get old trying to make these bricks fast without breaking,and use it as a daily ride. They seem to break more than cars running the same times, but I guess the weight of these things doesnt help with that any. If the truck is paid for than I say keep it, put a good trany in it and have fun with it. You went a full year without any major problems, heck, I wish I could say the same thing Ive been down that road way more times than i care to remember. You have brought that truck a long way in a short amount of time. Might just need to slow down a little, relax and try to have fun with it again. There are lots of days I HATE my truck, but at the same time I like it too much to ever get rid of it. I have alot of plans for mine over the next year and most likely will not be able to acomplish most of them. But there is allways the year after next.
Now, after all that I will say it again...KEEP IT
Old 10-16-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Slow i wouldn't give you **** for it. and i need the bottle sometime this week. and o yeah jessica said don't sell the rims with it you can let me "borrow" them again
Old 10-16-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm doing the same thing you are part it out and get a newer truck and rethink how you want to build it. I'd use 4wd if you want to keep streetracing. You are getting to the point where with 2wd you will need major upgrades for traction on the street or at the track. My only option was a ford 9" 4 link and that was going to set me back 10 g's I decided on a different route but will be faster better and more reliable not only that but get better gas mileage than a gasser and drive like stock .

Good luck with your decision no matter what it is.