Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Where to get a odometer correction sticker

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a odometer correction sticker

I'm fed up with dealing with companies that don't live up to their word, or their turnaround "guarentees" change from day to day or from hour to hour. I also don't have the luxury of not being able to use my pickup as I go to school full time and work among other things. So, with that being said, I'm just going to change out my cluster for the new one and use a odometer adjustment sticker for the correct mileage. Problem is, where do I get one? Dealership? Department of Motor Vehicles?

This swapping out the gauge cluster has proven to be more trouble than what its worth
Old 02-02-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait wait ... whats the deal here? i dont think ive heard your story on this.

and idk where you would get an odometer sticker from... start at the dealership.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

the dealerships dont have a clue as to what I'm talking about.

Here's the story: I bought a brand new silverado ss gauge cluster and need the odometer and engine hours set on it. The only place that I've found in Texas that will deal with private parties is in dallas and the other place in is michigan. My problem is that I go to school full time and work full time, so I really can't have more than a day or two at the most without use of my truck. I had decided to send the gauges to the place in dallas because they were much cheaper and they had told me they could flash the ss cluster and I could receive it same day (provided I paid for same day mail service)... so the most I'd be without my pickup would be two days. After talking to them today to double check everything before I sent it off, they told me it might be longer than two days, possibly three or four.

I'm probably just bitching about this because I didn't think to do my homework beforehand, so this is a mess of my own creation. Its still frustrating nonetheless.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Wow, did you send it to that place that I suggested? I surprised, they had mine back to me well before I expected it. Sorry to hear that, I have known several people who used them and no problems so far.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

just drive your truck with the stock cluster in the mean time, who cares if the odometer is off by a couple hundred miles? or tell them to add XXX miles to your current and switch it when you get there.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

I was told GM will void the warranty w/o proper documentation if the instrument cluster is changed because they have no way of knowing the true miles.

PM me please if you find a solution.

Thanks!