Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

That Walbro 255 fuel pump install..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

yep, no need to modify any buckets, ive ran mine all the way down to about an 1/8th of a tank and it was fine. Probably could have went lower but a gas station was around so i filled her back up!

I wouldnt race with it that low though
Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick™
the pump is ~120 shipped from Summit. I don't know what you are talking about when you say modifying the bucket, we were able to slap the sock filter on and stuff it in the bucket on Matt's truck. as for that piece of hard fuel line off the pump, that went in the trash in favor of a piece of rubber fuel injection hose, seems to work absolutely fine and it's a hell of a lot easier to get back on. We lifted the bed off with 2 people and put it back on with 4, no hard at all.
There was zero way that pump would have stuck out far enough through that stock hole on mine. No way it would have fit. You guys must have gotten a different part number pump from me, or got a pump with one long/skinny *** neck on it. We could move the bed with two people, but we wasn't going to put it on the ground, considering its plastic and quite brittle.

TouchOfEvil04- If you're talking about your truck, its not even the same ballpark as the 99 model. They make a direct drop in for your truck.

FarmerBeau- I'm running a set of stock 8.1L injectors I picked up off of ebay brand new for $80.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DLH2006
yep, no need to modify any buckets, ive ran mine all the way down to about an 1/8th of a tank and it was fine. Probably could have went lower but a gas station was around so i filled her back up!

I wouldnt race with it that low though
Like I said, I didn't want to risk it, so I went down farther with it......as far as the stock one.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

well sounds like thatguy has no nitrous anymore cause you getting your bottle back and i thinking about makin the trip to hatty. depends on what the wife wants to do. you know how that **** is
Old 12-12-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

touchofevil04 is referring to helping on Matt's truck

here's the pump:

more pics from the swap can be found here:
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...0/Fuel%20Pump/
Old 12-12-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Yep my pump is still stock. Just referring to when we did Matt's.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slowprocess
TouchOfEvil04- If you're talking about your truck, its not even the same ballpark as the 99 model. They make a direct drop in for your truck.
Hey you woudn't happen to know the part number for my truck would ya?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nick™
the pump is ~120 shipped from Summit. I don't know what you are talking about when you say modifying the bucket, we were able to slap the sock filter on and stuff it in the bucket on Matt's truck. as for that piece of hard fuel line off the pump, that went in the trash in favor of a piece of rubber fuel injection hose, seems to work absolutely fine and it's a hell of a lot easier to get back on. We lifted the bed off with 2 people and put it back on with 4, no hard at all.
Nick, you said you just slapped the sock on and stuffed it in the bucket. I take it that means you guys are pulling fuel from inside the bucket and not from the bottom of the bucket. If so, yes that would be a great deal easier to do.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
Hey you woudn't happen to know the part number for my truck would ya?
I think I have it somewhere around the office. I'll take a look today.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Nick, you said you just slapped the sock on and stuffed it in the bucket. I take it that means you guys are pulling fuel from inside the bucket and not from the bottom of the bucket. If so, yes that would be a great deal easier to do.
well the filter sock sits on the bottom of the pump, which is on the bottom of the bucket, so that means it's sucking from the bottom of the bucket

are we missing something here?

Quick Reply: That Walbro 255 fuel pump install..........